🎖 Happiness Award Winner #1 🎖

We are thrilled to give you an interview by one of the winners from the Happiness Awards 2019 !

Maybe you'll even learn a trick to help you with this year's contest! Good luck to all the new participants & to the returning ones as well!

Interviewer: El
Happiness Award Winner: EmberShy 

First of all I want to thank EmberShy for taking the time to answer these questions for the interview & all of us!

What an amazing author! 🎖

📌 Questions:

1. What is the title of your story?

My story is titled The 200 Murders of 1977.

2. What's your story about?

The original plot was much longer and much different but then I decided to shorten it. Many people after reading just the beginning thought it was going to be just a bunch of short stories.

But I wanted the beginning to tell different stories and introduce characters that would later impact the story.

The story ultimately features a girl with a traumatic past in a rough time in history as she murders away a small town in Japan, and even her followers know that nobody is safe.

While another group has formed together to try and defeat the evil plaguing their town, their success is unlikely.

3. What place did you come in The Happiness Awards 2019?

I came in 2nd Place in the Horror genre.

4. Why did you decide to write this particular story?

While reading stuff on wattpad I found out that books can only have up to 200 chapters on wattpad, well I wanted to write a book with 200 chapters so thus the title.

Now after some time I found I wasn't going to be able to do 200 mainly because I couldn't even reach 100. Thus the book has been shortened to around 25-30 chapters.

That isn't all though; I wanted to write a horror book, there's not that many out there and this idea is original as far as I know.

I wanted it to be crazy and just have crazy ideas from movies, books all thrown into one, you got demons, serial killers, cannibals, the whole bit and I've been hopefully able to bring the fear even with some of the fast pacing to life.

5. What is the target audience for your story?

I wanted it to be Young Adult as I am a young adult myself but the problem is that it can be very graphic, unfortunately.

6. Is your story completed? And if so, is there plans to publish it?

No, I am currently working on finishing it with roughly 8 chapters left. I do want to publish it but I also have a sequel for it coming out called The Murders of America.

7. What inspired you to become a writer in the first place?

I can't say exactly; I found Wattpad, fanfiction.net and other places, I was just reading around until all of a sudden I was like what if I could write a story too.

Thus my book Twilight A Different Kind Of Love was born at the age of 12 and it remains to be my most popular & well known book.

I don't like some of where I went with it but that's what the sequels are for, right?

8. Is there an author that inspires you and your work?

So many authors I love, I'll only name a few but Stephan King inspired me to write horror and be bold and it's been one of my favorites to do.

Stephanie Meryer; I feel encouraged me to start writing after all my first book was a fanfiction of her book/s.

9. What is your favourite genre of literature?

Horror for sure I love reading with suspense and not knowing what's going to happen. I've gotten some salt for the way I write horror, but why would I want to give too many details that ruins the fun.

I feel horror should be suspenseful and have your readers on the edge of their seat unable to put it down because they can't get enough, and then ultimately begging for an update if it's not finished because they just have to have more.

That's what horror is; you leave it on cliffhangers, you kill off everyone's favorite characters, and I love every part of it.

10. What do you hope to achieve for your writing career in five years?

Well currently I'm going to be attending college in August 2020 for a degree in writing. I'm taking a couple free online classes to get a certificate for it too.

Then I will most likely work on getting published.

I hope to be published in the next five years with most of my works finished and more coming.

Any Other Comments: N/A

📌 Check out their story on their profile ! 📌

📌 Thank you again for taking the time out of your busy schedule to be interviewed by one of us

📌 Thank you again for taking the time out of your busy schedule to be interviewed by one of us. 📌

📎 Good luck to the new and returning contestants of the Happiness Awards for 2020! 🌞

📎 If you would like to join H.A.P.P.Y Interviews please see the Join the Happiest Community book on our profile!