🎖 Happiness Award Winner #2 🎖

Hello all!

We are thrilled to give you an interview by one of the winners from the Happiness Awards 2019 !

Maybe you'll even learn a trick to help you with this year's contest! Good luck to all the new participants & to the returning ones as well!

Interviewer: El (footnoteofhappiness )
Happiness Award Winner: Neghast

First of all I want to thank Neghast for taking the time to answer these questions for us!

What a brilliant author! 🎖

📌 Questions:

1. What is the title of your story?

My story's titled Prints and Pieces. There really was nothing that came more naturally to me to name it, and oddly enough, it's relationship with the story isn't immediately decipherable. You more or less understand as you read along.

2. What's your story about?

Lol, I don't want to suck at this by rambling directly, so I'll just give you the official synopsis.

Anxiety ridden, but witty and opinionated Cassidy Matthews, struggles to make sense of her life after a shattering five year old incident that still hasn't seemed to age much.

Still, after she's handed a rather set up silver platter in form of a deal with impassive and rigid, but painstakingly good looking magnate, Brian Willis, she's thrust into a world she never believed she'd be a part of. Not again, at least.

With meaningful relationships formed, and perhaps - even love, Cassidy continues to bear the brunt of tethering emotional health as well as a quite frankly unresolved past. And she eventually discovers that she just might have even more demons to battle in accompaniment with her own.

3. What place did you come in The Happiness Awards 2019?

I placed first in the Romance/ Chicklit category.

4. Why did you decide to write this particular story?

So, I guess this is the part I say it was something that had been swirling in my mind for a long time, or that the idea just hit me one day and I just knew I had to do it.

But, no. It didn't happen that way.

Honestly, Prints and Pieces was more like sixteen year old me back then, picking up a cliché to see what she could make out of it.

Writing this story in general, started out on a sheer whim, because I've always been an avid reader, and the idea of taking that up a notch by writing, utterly fascinated me. Not to mention, I even had dabbled before then.

Still, it didn't stay that way. As I wrote, and read more (because this honestly is the most important thing), I realized just how much I could do with my story.

Trust me, because it wasn't planned, and I generally had no pinpointed direction initially, the writing blocks came so easy. But I didn't give up. I just knew this wasn't something I wanted to shelf.

I saw it as my first serious project, and got determined to treat it as such. Hence, as I grew — more or less with my characters, I discovered I had it.

My writing style bettered immensely, and I had gradually achieved a core focus for Prints and Pieces.

I grew to love my story, and I'm just so glad we're both here now, almost complete before a final refurbishment.