Prologue Taehyung ver.

sóulmates

Jealousy. Taehyung was jealous of his members, that's the deep disappointing truth that he holds and thinks. He may have never cared about his soulmark back in high school except for the occasional daydreams. But once he got to see soul bonds in action almost every single day. It started to become hard not to care or want it too.
Being a virgin and a single man for now 6 years might also be causing it. The resentment.
Taehyung wants it, wants that. So does his X mark. It's almost like he can sense its anger.
His mark actually appeared earlier than his other classmates but at the time he felt embarrassed about it. You know typical 15 year old things. Taehyung kept it a secret from everyone except his parents.
Luckily it wasn't that hard to hide since the mark sat on his neck around the known "vampire bite area". A less common placement spot among people.
He continued to play along until his school friends finally got theirs.

Also the pain of receiving your soul mark. It only lasts about 2 minutes max but it stung, similar to a bee sting just immense and broader.
Taehyung saw a girl receive hers in the middle of class, not a pretty sight or sound should he say.

But now he doesn't know what he wants. Taehyung feels like his 15 year old self again hiding something that made him feel alone. Feeling jealous and confused causes him to feel even more solitary.
But then he remembers there's Jin hyung...'I should really not be complaining.'

...
The book will now officially begin