Prologue Yunso ver.

Sóulmates

"Souls broken apart. Your mate is your other half.  You must come together and bond the souls."

That's what schools have taught kids throughout Yunso's childhood. There's more to it. Like the fact that once "broken souls" hit the wee age of 16, either a x or an o appears on their skin. Placement is random and so is style. Each bond has a certain...font per say.
Marks are almost translucent and mimic that of a scar, but once bonded they turn a blood red. With either touch or eye to eye contact the souls will bond together. Your mark will burn and in most cases dopamine fills your mind. Blah blah blah.
There's been records of people receiving half of an x or an o. Those same people ended up having three or even up to 4 soulmates.
Kids under 14 anticipate finding out if they are one of the 'lucky ones'. Some despise the day because of environmental rumors or hearing certain topics from family. But the ones daydreaming about their possible soul bond always imagined who it could be. Even in elementary school kids sang made-up songs.
But there is always a day we're it stops. Most of time they soon pass 16 or even 17 years old and give up. Most don't care and carry on. Others feel worthless and become jealous, envious. These are called "koxs". Similar term of a cheater or whore. Since they try to break up soulmates. Some accidental...
As for the 3 out of 10 chance ratio for having a soulmate, there are either people who strive to find their soulmate as if their life depends on it...and then there's the other half of people that relatively ignore the mark and its soul purpose.

As for Yunso and this "stupid phenomenon" as she would call it. She got an O. It sits right behind her left ear, perfectly hidden from all the gossipers. So she can live in peace and hide her biggest secret. Which would be her very relationship...

...