❦2

Clemont started cooking dinner as he, Bonnie and Ash explained to Jimmy the whole situation and why Serena battled in Ash's place. Ash was pretty much on cloud nine. Daydreaming about Serena in his clothes.

While they talked to Jimmy, Serena entered her tent to take off Ash's clothes and dress her normal outfit. She was still sad about Ash just saying that it was thanks to Clemont and Bonnie. Yes, they did bring the medicine but he only got better so soon because she took care of him the whole time. For Arceus sake, she even pretended to be him in a battle. Still... it was silly. As she grabbed Ash's clothes to get out of the tent and give them to him, a tear streamed her eyes. She needed to move on from him or everything would be too painful.

Ash stood still waiting for Serena to get changed, glaring at Jimmy from time to time. He hated the fact that Jimmy could think about staying with them longer. Although, the only thing that crossed his mind was how cute Serena looked in his clothes. He still couldn't process the fact that Serena wore his clothes and battle magnificently for what Jimmy said in his place. Ash was very proud of her. He heard the zip of the tent meaning Serena was getting out.

She smiled at him with his clothes in her hands. "Sorry about this whole mess. It's just I didn't know what else to do. I knew if I woke you, you would want to battle even in no condition. And truthfully, Jimmy didn't seem to go away if I explained the situation... So that was the only thing that came to my mind. Sorry." Serena kept her head low as she explained to Ash why she did what she did. She was hurt but right now she was afraid of what he would say.

"Serena, hey hey," Ash said making Serena face him. He was smiling. Genuinely smiling. "Thank you for everything you did... Seriously. You took care of me the whole day. God, you even battled in my place. And believe me, if it wasn't for team rockets interruption, you would have won easily. I'm really proud of you. Thank you Serena" Ash said. He felt the urge to hug her. And so he did. Serena melted in Ash's arms. She instantly wrapped her arms around his back. "Thanks for not being mad or finding it weird that I dressed up as you"

"You did it to help me, I could never get mad. And seriously weird? You look way better than me in those clothes" Ash said smirking

As they were still hugging Ash couldn't see Serena blushing like a tomato. Was she dreaming? She never thought Ash would say something like that... Yet she needed to start moving on from him or she would get really hurt. However, a big part of her did not want to give up. Ash broke the hug and smiled at Serena who was still a bright red. "I'm gonna go get dressed. I have a battle after dinner unless you want to battle in my place" He said teasing Serena who blushed even more

"Shut up!" She said playfully punching his right arm. Ash had muscles and Serena just wanted him to wrap his arms around her. He was so perfect, she wanted to be with him so much. It was like a mental fight: should she keep fighting for him or should she move on?

Suddenly, she heard someone calling her. It was Jimmy calling her. Although, he was different. his clothes were now more normal similar to Ash's. He didn't have that Pikachu paint in his face and his hair wasn't spiky anymore. He looked much better. "Hey, Jimmy, what's up?"

"Thanks for inviting me to have dinner with you guys"

"Your welcome. I mean you were going to have to stay either way for your battle with Ash" Serena said smiling at him. She was pretty sure she saw him blushing but she pushed the thought away.

After a while, the gang and Jimmy were having dinner as they laughed telling each other some adventures they lived. Jimmy would sometimes glance at Serena and stare at her. Although she didn't realise it, Ash did. He was beyond mad. He wanted Jimmy gone. Why he wanted him gone, he didn't understand... Could be something related to Serena? He thought.