Onceler x Mother!reader (part 2)

No one's POV

It has been a few months since you started living with Onceler, you did everything together: cooking and baking, singing, taking care of (c/n), you even helped and encouraged him to sell his thneed, he also introduced you to the guardian of the forest! The lorax! You two got along fine. However, as time grew on, you began to have these... Feelings towards Onceler.

When you got near him, butterfly's filled you stomach, when you sung together everything felt like it was in slow motion. Was you in love with him? I mean, he was a great father figure, you and him did more things together than your ex husband did with you. Not to mention, everytime your child saw Onceler he would cheer "Daddy! Daddy!"

Neither of you were annoyed or awkward about it, you guys would laugh or smile, your faces going red like a blush. But here's what you didn't know.. he actually had feelings towards you to.

He loved spending time with you, you supported him, you helped him, he absolutely adored everything about you. It made him smile when (c/n) called him his father, despite not being his real one. At least he was better than your ex who literally left you and (c/n) to die. He would give anything for you to be with him, however, he had recently been blinded by greed.

The past few weeks he had seemed.. off. He was irritated easily, he was engrossed in his work more than usual, to the point where he would ignore you. You felt heartbroken, completely destroyed. You tried to talk to the Lorax about it, but shrugged, like he'd given up and told you "I'm trying, but beanpole won't listen to me.."

It all got worse when his family came along, rude and snobby mother, stupid and irresponsible brothers, sarcastic aunt, his uncle? He was fine you supposed. He was actually nice to you, despite the rest of his family, he was also really funny and made (c/n) laugh. So yeah, he was alright. Brett and Chet weren't really, mean, but dangerous to leave your child around. Last time, you caught them as they were about to play catch with (c/n), as in (c/n) was the actual ball.

But you get the idea.

Flashback

You stood outside with Once as you waited for his family, you were kind of excited about it to be honest.
"I can't wait to see your family, Once!" You bounced on your tiptoes while rocking (c/n), he chuckled
"I warn you though, they aren't.. the brightest bunch, hehe.." he scratched the back of his neck. The Lorax stood next to you, arms folded and tapping his foot in the ground impatiently.

Suddenly, an RV caught your attention as it screeched to a halt, leaving tire marks in the grass. Kicking up dirt in the process. The door slid open and a big, ginger haired woman stepped out, she looked around observing the place
"What a dump.."

You stood there, eyes wide but you tried to keep a smile on your face.
"Aunt Grizelda!" Onceler waved while smiling beside you. Then a few others exited the RV, a blond woman, two identical brothers, and an oldish looking man who bent over as the blond woman used his back as a step.
"So Once was right, they really aren't the brightest..sheesh" you thought to yourself. You gave the Lorax a look that said "oh no.."

"Hey Chet! Check this out, go long!" The other brother shouted while picking up a bar-ba-loot, Chet then ran while panting like a dog.
"No, uh, Brett that's actually not a- oh ok.." Once sagged as Brett threw the bar-ba-loot through the air. You gave Once a worried look, he gave you a nervous smile back.

You watched as Chet ran into a truffula tree, he mumbled "got it!" as the bar-ba-loot fell onto his face. Brett laughed, pointing at his twin
"Ha ha! He totally ran into that tree!" He exclaimed and slapped Once-ler's hand.
"Oww.." he groaned while clutching his hand, we turned to the blond woman as she gave a loud gasp

"Oh Oncie! Is that you?"
"Mom!"
"Here he is, there's my big suddenly successful son!" She grabbed his cheeks and kissed his face, you awkwardly smiled and looked at the Lorax who gave you a confused look, you gave him a shrug. She then noticed you.

"Oh! And.. who are you?" She looked at you and then the baby, gasping again
"A-are you?!" She pointed at you and Once, you shook your heads, the Lorax laughed
"Oh no! I uuh.. this is my baby brother!  Me and Onceler are friends" you assured her, Onceler nodded. She eyed you up and down and you shifted uncomfortably as she gave you a disgusted look. Well this is going to be fun..

Flashback end - your POV

Now, we are here - I am working as Oncelers secretary, having no time to feed myself as I spend my lunch breaks feeding (c/n), he is only 1! He can't feed himself! I tell Onceler that all the time, especially when he walks in on me breastfeeding. It's a bit embarrassing, but the only thing we have in the factory is solid food, (c/n) doesn't even have teeth yet! Some days when I feel like I would faint, the Lorax would take over my roll and feed (c/n) by bottle while I ate my lunch, what a Saint..

Anyway, I was walking down the halls towards his office, a stack of paperwork tucked in between my arms and chest. I nodded at Brett and Chet who opened the door for me, my eyes widened at the sight before me.

I saw Onceler sitting in his chair, (c/n) was in his arms being fed with a bottle. He's never done this before?
"W..what are.." He looked up and smiled at me guiltily, he stood up from his huge velvet chair and walked over to me, still holding and feeding (c/n).

"(y/n) I.. I'm sorry about the way I've been treating you... I've realized how hard it is running around with paperwork, looking after (c/n) and spending your lunch breaks to feed him instead of the both of you. It must be hard to be a mother, hehe.." he looked sad and guilty.

(c/n) reached for his cheeks and pushed them upwards while cheering "Daddy!" We laughed, he looked up to see tears running down my cheeks as I chuckled, his hand rested on my cheek while his thumb brushed them away.

We gazed into each others eyes, slowly leaning and closing the gap between us. Time seemed to slow down as our lips moved in sync, showing all the love I have for him in the little but meaningful action. I dropped the papers and wrapped my arms around his neck, he used his left hand to push me into him, deepening the kiss as he used his right arm to hold (c/n).

After a few moments we pulled away for breath, our faces were a deep crimson, mine moreso. I giggle and place my face into the crook of his neck, inhaling his rich and calming scent. His chin resting on my head and he sighed lovingly.

Time skip

I finished picking up the papers I had dropped and placed them on his desk,
"Thanks, hun~" he smiled,
"Hey, I'm going to head to the shop, do you need anything?"
"Hmm, marshmallows please. Does our son still need breast milk? Or do you think we can get him baby mush?" He questioned,
"Hhmm.. I mean, I suppose we could give him some baby food, I'm not sure." You stood in silence as you thought, but you shrugged.
"Welp! I'm heading out, I'll be back in a bit!" I waved and left the factory.

I was walking through the empty dark streets, turning a corner here and there.. I began to feel a bit uneasy, I turned around. Nobody was there, I sighed, relieved. My face flushed when I remembered that Oncie said "our son". I smiled to myself, until I saw black as something covered my head.

I heard a crack when something blunt hit the back of my head, my knees buckled as I hobbled trying to hold something, I forced my eyes to say open but I couldn't. I fell to my knees and landed onto the ground and then,

Nothing...