His Prime Minister

It is Thursday November 6th and the Empire awaits the results of the polls from the people and the House of Lords and the Commons in parliament. The world stands on a precipice.

*Somewhere in West Minster*

"Are you sure about this? I mean it could go horribly wrong!"
For months a team of Swedish, British and Russian plant geneticists were working on a food to ease the starving of their respective people groups. For the British it was their Indian Raj. The Swedish, a bitter winter with massive crop failure required massive food imports which made their country almost bankrupt. The Soviets well, were the Soviets. They all came to the same conclusion. The Melon, specifically the Watermelon. As it yields high in numbers and it nutritious in every vitamin group. The goal: to develop a watermelon that grows all year and very rapidly. Many tests indicate these melons may be very...dangerous.

"The men and women of Great Britain and all across the Empire. Please await your seats at home or at any place of comfort wherever you may be. I present to you. His Majesty's Prime Minister. Sir Oswald Mosley!"

For a whole minute the country is silent. Then abrupt cheering from crowds of people. "Mosley! Mosley! Mosley!" Could be heard across the British Isles. But for many, the Indians, Australians, Canadians and of course New Zealanders and South Afrikaners. Were fast solemn about the future of their place in the Empire. Should they be annexed to the motherland under their new ruler? Or declare Sovereignty under their own banner and break the idea of British Dominance?

The world rests on a precipice...