012, PHONE CALL & IN REAL LIFE

chapter twelve, PHONE CALL & IN REAL LIFE.
( date: may 28th, 2020 )

IN REAL LIFE.

alaina sighed as she stared at her watch, which showed that the time right now was 3:30am. she promised herself that she was not going to give in and that she was never going to talk to him again. but she broke her own rules for him. once again.

at first, alaina hesitated coming and didn't intend to. she knew that she wasn't emotionally stable to be able to face vinnie but yet he's always had a special place in her torn and broken heart. she didn't want to let him down.

in the end, she gave in and grabbed her favorite hoodie and her phone before leaving her house. she made sure to leave a small note for jules beforehand in case she wakes up while was she was still gone.

their usual spot. the treehouse located behind the abandoned school which was next to alaina's house. it wasn't a far walk but the weather didn't make it an easy one. although she was wearing her favorite hoodie over her sweatshirt, it was still really cold.

alaina started pacing around, all kinds of thoughts and emotions passing through her. it's been 10 minutes since she's been here but vinnie was nowhere to be found.

"where are you vinnie?" alaina muttered to herself.

eventually thirty minutes had past and vinnie was still nowhere to be found. alaina rolled her eyes as she sat on a nearby bench to make a phone call.

VINNIE.
calling mobile !

"a-ally? what's up?" vinnie said groggily, which was clear that she had interrupted his sleep.

"what's up?! are you fucking kidding me? where are you?" alaina said, trying her best not to yell at him.

"home." vinnie replied.

"what the fuck? are you fucking with me right now??" alaina said, stunted at his ignorance.

"oh god ally no don't tell me you're at the spot right now." vinnie said, sounding more awake than before.

alaina stayed silent as she tried her best to hold in her tears that was begging to escape.

"hello? i don't know if you're actually there or not but if you are, i promise you i actually didn't expect you to be there. i was sure you weren't going to end up coming so i decided to change my plans. please tell me you're not at the spot" vinnie blabbered on.

"baby who are you talking to?" said a girl was on the other end of the line with him.

"i was just messing with you." alaina chuckled nervously. "you have a good night vinnie" she said in a rush before quickly ending the call.

call ended !

alaina muted the ringer of her phone as she placed it next to her. she hugged her legs as so many thoughts passed by her head. "god what was i even hoping for? that he would change? bullshit." alaina said in a quiet whisper, as she ran her fingers through her hair. the cold air made it difficult for her to breathe, especially in the crying state she's in.

"i'm so fucking stupid" alaina muttered. she wrapped her hands over her body and slowly laid on top of the seat of the bench. she stared at the stars which were shinning so brightly.

"tell me stars, where did i go wrong?" alaina said, as she slowly let her emotions out.