C H A P T E R 1 0

"Fumiko?" Kaname looked up from the book he was reading, and called for his beloved once he had noticed that she had changed from her nightgown to a more casual dress for an obscure visit of a certain guest.

She wore a cream dress that ended above her knees - with spaghetti straps and a ribbon at the side of her waist - over a white short sleeved shirt.

"Hm?" Fumiko hummed as an answer. She's currently busy with her preparations for a dear acquaintance.

"We don't have to go." Kaname informed, he actually was not looking forward to such an event that night.

"Come on now, Kaname. It would be discourteous to overlook a visit of a guest." Fumiko reprimanded gently, just as though teaching a child the proper etiquette.

"..." Kaname kept silent, debating whether he should greet their guest or not through his mind.

Fumiko called her familiar with a snap of her fingers, and the enchanting snow owl with alluring sapphire orbs magically appeared. She unclasped the necklace hanging from the owl's neck and turned the tube into a gold, ruby ring with intricate diamonds around it.

 She unclasped the necklace hanging from the owl's neck and turned the tube into a gold, ruby ring with intricate diamonds around it

She gently wore it on her right index finger. Fumiko smiled, satisfied with how it looked on her hand.

"Why do you have his blood, Fumiko?" Kaname asked with obvious hatred to the person he's asking about.

"It's. A. Secret." Fumiko looked at her beloved and replied in a teasing manner.

"Does it have to be a ring?" Kaname sighed, knowing that he'll know the answer to his first question soon, though he was not ecstatic about the jewelry that adorned her index finger.

"Yes, Kaname. It has to be a ring, besides, it's on my index finger. There's nothing to fuss about." Fumiko assured, though it didn't help Kaname a bit.

"You're ring finger is mine for the taking, Fumiko." Kaname walked slowly like a predator to Fumiko, taking her left hand gently to his lips, and kissed her knuckes delicately.

"Yes, yes. I know." Fumiko chuckled, amused to know that her beloved became possessive and jealous because of a ring.

"Now, come on. Let's go. It's time for the battle to begin."

"..." Kaname only stared back at Fumiko, his mind still siding with not greeting their guest.

"I'll give you a reward later." Fumiko proposed, winking at Kaname and a mischievous glint on her pink eyes.

Kaname - being wrapped around her little finger - nodded and decided to accompany her downstairs to meet his Moon Dormitory Vice President's grandfather.

**********

The supposedly empty student residence were filled with murmurs, mutters, and whispers from the grand living room of the Moon Dormitory.