C H A P T E R 1

Footsteps interrupted the deadly silence of the hallway. Sundown rays shown through massive windows, shades of the walls inbetween, and a silhouette of a man walking towards the end of the hall.

He reached to a stop infront of two massive double doors, raising his right hand, forming a fist and knocked.

*Knock Knock*

"Sakurai-hime" His voice called for his master, but no answer.

"Sakurai-hime" He called for the second time, still, no answer from the one he calls.

He sighed, then...

"I'm coming in, Sakurai-hime."

The gentleman opened the door silently, peeking in the room, looking for the one so-called Sakurai-hime.

He went inside, closed the door, and looked at the bed

He went inside, closed the door, and looked at the bed. There, he found his one and only master in deep sleep. He quietly walked towards his master and called her.

"Sakurai-hime, wake up. The sun had set, evening has arrived."

He waited for seconds for a movement from his master, but to no avail, there's still none. How can his master - a pureblood at that - not wake up from his calls alone?

He sighed yet again.

"Sakurai-sama, please do wake up. Dinner will be served in a moment, you'll be late for supper."

He decided to nudge her arm to wake her u-

"Saku- Ah!"

Sakurai grasp his arm and pulled him to her. The gentleman wasn't able to react quickly due to her rapid movements, causing him to hold himself up by his right arm beside his master, his left wrist gripped by her.

"Good morning Ren. How many more times do I have to remind you not to call me by my surname?"

A smooth, velvety voice eloquently asked painted with a hint of annoyance.

"Saku-" The man called Ren tried to reason with his master, but stopped when he heard a nearby window cracked.