Chapter 12

Argh... the alarm rang , then why did I overslept ? Why did Reena didi didn't wake me up? Argh...I don't want to be late for school. I freshen up myself and rush to take a quick shower .Then I wore my uniform . I combed my hair and ran downstairs but I found no one downstairs not even Reena didi . I know Mom went to the hospital but where is Reena didi I wondered to myself . For few seconds I panicked thinking of where Reena didi was ? And was I all alone in the house . What if some robbers came in the house after Mom went to the hospital , they harmed Reena didi and looted our home ! Nope Argh....what rubbish I am thinking .

Then I saw a note on the fridge . It was a note written by Reena didi , she went to my Nani's house to look after Nanu who was feeling unwell . Mom has instructed Reena didi to look after Nanu until Mom returns from hospital by noon. Reena didi strictly instructed me to eat my breakfast which she has kept in the fridge. I smiled thinking of how Reena didi takes care of me like her own daughter because Reena Didi lives in our house from the time before I was born .

I got worried about Nanu after reading the note so decided to visit him after school , then I grabbed the club sandwich kept in the fridge for me and I ate it quickly with some orange juice . Then I took my school bag and scooty keys . I looked my house carefully and then I zoomed off to school because I wanted to reach school on time . Late comers are served with strict punishment in Scottish High Girls School by Hitler I mean our sports teacher Ranjana Gaur . Students call Ranjana Miss as Gaur Maam but her most popular nickname among students is Hilter because Gaur Maam is super strict and torturous in her punishments when a student breaks "School Rules ". So, at any cost I don't want to be late for school.

Just one last road signal . Then I can speed up my scooty a bit and reach to school on time , I thought to myself. As the signal turned green I ignited my scooty's engine but abruptly a traffic policeman came infront of my scooty . Then I realised I had forgotten to wear my helmet. This policeman scolded and fined me for not wearing helmet .I apologised to him and paid the fine . My mistake I admit I should have worn a helmet but in a hurry I completely forgot to wear it.

I looked at my watch I was late for school already . I sighed in disappointment because I hate breaking rules but today I have broken 2 rules consecutively , first I broke a traffic rule then I am about to break a school rule as I am a late comer to school today . Argh.. what a great start to a new day. I took a deep breath in frustration.

I reached my school and entered inside the school through the second entrance of school which is also the Back gate of the school and it opens to the school ground, I parked my scooty in the sparking space of the school ground and then I was caught on spot by a badge holder girl on duty. I looked towards her badge which shone on her left upper portion of her shirt , it showed she was a Discipline Incharge . While I saw her designation from her badge I could feel a smirk formed on her face. I tried explain her why I could not be on time but all my pleas and requests to spare me went in vain as she gave me a evil grin as if she had caught a fish in her net . She narrowed her eyes and commanded me to stand in the late comer's que and she warned me about the consequences of not abiding the punishment of being a late comer to the school.

I know that if I don't stand in the que this Discipline Incharge might complain about me to the Hitler and as I didn't want to face Hilter's anger early in the morning , So I chose to stand quietly in the que. As the school assembly got over, Hilter came in the ground to punish dress defaulters and the late comers.

I felt bad as I hate being a rule breaker but today here I am standing in the late comer que. Gaur Maam aka Hilter came with a stick in her hand , I gulped looking at her stick. I have heard from other students that Hitler gives stringent punishment . I shuddered thinking of what punishment Hitler would give to all the defaulters today.

First Hilter looked at the dress defaulters and she gave them a loathsome look . Hilter asked the dress defaulters to paint some earthen lamps for some upcoming school function. I guess Hilter is in good mood today that is why she is handing over easy punishments today. My heart did a few back flips as I thought that I will be free after an easy punishment.

Then came the turn of late comers and Hitler came to give punishment to the late comer's que . Gaur Miss aka Hitler gave us a disgusting look and she told us that she hates late comers more than any other defaulter of school . I gulped listening to her statement . Then she dictated our punishment and my jaw dropped to the floor after listening the punishment .

Hilter asked each one of us to take 10 rounds of the school ground. Argh....I hate running . I should think faster to get away from this punishment without coming in veiw of anyone . When I was trying to come up with a brilliant escape plan in my brain I heard a whistle from behind taking me out of my thoughts . I turned behind and saw Hitler glaring at me in anger . I saw my nearby surroundings and I noticed I was the only one standing as others had already left and they were running frantically to complete their punishment as soon as possible. Argh...I mentally slapped my forehead for being so silly , absent minded for losing myself in my wonderland.

As Hilter is glaring at me I have goosebumps on my arms . She shouts at me to come nearer to her. I go near her, expecting a tight slap from Hilter as she is really angry at me for not listening to her command of running . When I went near her she asked me my name . I told her my name in a shaky voice out of fear , my heart was thumbing loud and sweat covered my forehead .

Hilter laughed at me and said "Why are you so scared of me, I won't eat you alive ". I mentally rolled my eyes at her " Won't eat you alive " statement because I knew she could break bones of anyone if someone messes up with her . Hilter looked at me sharply and said "Why were you not running , you lazy bee take 20 rounds right now. Is that very clear with you ! " . Argh ...could this day can get more worse, I thought to myself .Hilter looked at me for affirmation and I hummed a 'Yes' in a low voice and without even wasting a second I started running and it took me an hour to complete my punishment . After completing my punishment my leg ached like hell . I am ain't into athletics , sports , physical exercises or any other stuff like thing . So,you can think me as a nerd who love books , a big foodie who hate physical activities including running, exercising etc.

When I came back to my class I must have looked like a lunatic as my hair got messed up, my whole body was sweaty and I was still wheezing because after running, I climbed upto third floor to reach my classroom. Luckily ,there was no teacher in the class , so, I quickly told my whole odreal to Cherry and Taniya. Both my friends first looked me with sympathy and then they laughed at me when I told them that my punishment got doubled because I was thinking of a masterplan on the spot to run away from the punishment.

First I felt irritated of the laughter of my friends then I too joined them thinking of how silly I acted on the school ground infront of Hitler. Later Taniya and Cherry told me that they are joining my coaching from tomorrow .Hearing it I literally shrieked in happiness as I could'nt get more happier . I thought it would be so much fun to study with Taniya,Cherry and Chirag. Did I mention Chirag's name with Cherry and Taniya? Yes I did mention his name because he too is my friend just like Cherry and Taniya. I smiled to myself thinking of my own friend circle in coaching .

********CHAPTER ENDS********