Chapter 46

Next day I woke up with the beeping alarm clock. I had a very good  sleep last night so I am feeling fresh .I then took a shower and I had some fruits and banana milk shake for my breakfast . After that I went to school. I saw everyone working on their projects during free period and recess , even Taniya and Cherry have started to work on their chemistry project . I felt worried as I have not started  working on my project yet and my challenge doubles as  I have decided to work alone on my project because I want to show my ideas and hard work to the world , So, I want to work single handedly on it .

After school I quickly eat my lunch and I scribble my ideas on a note pad .Then I capture pictures of the designs that I want to portray in exhibition in my mobile .So, that I don't need to open sketches book again and again to see the designs .I then get ready for coaching. I attend all the lectures along with my friends . Then after lectures Cherry and Taniya were discussing about their project and I thought to myself " Diya how will you do the project all alone? Can you complete your project with efficiency ? Will you be able to compete with other talented peers of your school? All these questions arose in my mind and I started to doubt myself. I  felt  a sense of low self esteem arising in me .

Then all of a sudden Chirag came near sensing the change in my demeanor . He said " What happen Diya you seem lost somewhere . Did someone trouble you? What is bothering you , my love? "I looked at Chirag then I said in a disappointed tone " I want to work on my project for school exhibition but now I feel like I have a lot on my shoulders , I guess I assumed something which I can never achieve even  in my dreams".

Chirag wiped the tear from the corner of my eye and he cupped my face with his hands and he said  "Diya you are the  strongest girl I have ever met . I know you can achieve anything with your will power and determination. Tell me what your project is all about, may be  I can help you". I responded quickly " Chirag thanks but you can't help in it as it is related to fashion studies ". Chirag smiled and said "I can't help you but my mom would be so happy to help you , my love".

Then a sense of realisation hit my mind . Oh... yes Chirag's mom Renuka aunty is a renowned Fashion Designer . Argh...how can I forget about it .But is it okay to get her help and guidance ,I mean she is a busy lady and what will she think of me if I ask for her help. Chirag as if reading my mind spoke "Diya don't hesitate to take my mom's help because she is your future mother in law ". I looked Chirag blankly then I realised what Chirag uttered then a blush took over my face and I felt my cheeks heating up . I nudged Chirag's shoulders to stop his cheeky talks .

Chirag asked me to come to his home tonight and get his mom's guidance . I agreed and I dialled a call to my mom and I  said  "Mom I am going to Chirag's house to take guidance of his mother in my school project . Please give me permission to do so". My mom replied " Yes my daughter you can go and work on the project but when you return make sure Chirag comes along with you to drop you safely". I spoke cheerfully "Thanks mom and we both will have dinner together" .

I  then went  to Chirag's house on my scooty as Chirag drove his bukki beside my scooty . We reached  Chirag's house . Chirag explained  the whole thing to his mom. Renuka aunty (Chirag's mom)  smiled warmly to me and said" Yes sure I would love to help you dear".

After that I showed my designs to her . Renuka aunty was very much impressed by my designs . Then I told her about my ideas regarding the competition . Renuka aunty suggested me some variations in my ideas which were quite good and professional . After 2 hours everything about the project got decided . I asked Chirag's mom  "Aunty I am thinking about the mannequins and cloth display hangers . From where I can purchase them?". Renuka aunty replied " You don't need  to buy it because I have extra mannequins and cloth hangers kept in our store room  ". I thanked Renuka aunty for helping me like my own mother .

Then  Renuka aunty sent  one of her servant to go with me and Chirag to get those mannequins out for me. We went to the store room . It was tidy and abundant  with mannequins and all stuff related to fashion world  . I felt like a child lost in the candy store ,inside this store room because it had everything that I love to see and explore . As we stepped inside I chose  two mannequins and a few fancy display cloth hangers.

Then Chirag told the servant that  "Kaka (uncle) you can leave now as I can help Diya in taking out  these mannequins ,please you go and look to other errands of the house". I looked Chirag curiously with one of my eye brow raised. Chirag came close to me and said in a husky voice" My love this time I am going to accomplish my task which I couldn't complete before ". I  felt  my  face heating up.  Chirag held both my hands and he pinned me to the wall and he  said "Now Diya there is  no one to disturb us ". I felt my breathing getting heavy . Chirag leaned close to my face and I closed my eyes in response , my heart was beating fast .But then I heard a loud thud.

I opened my eyes and Chirag moved backwards . I saw that a mannequin next to us had fallen .I saw Chirag rubbing the back of his head in annoyance .I laughed to tease Chirag and I  stick my tongue out and I said " Chirag even this mannequin couldn't bear it so it fell .Haha...this time a mannequin disrupted our moment . Chirag Malhotra better luck next time ". Chirag smirked "Diya Mehra you are mine from heart and soul so, a kiss won't bother me because  I  love your soul not your body ". I got amazed to hear such words from Chirag , I guess Chirag is truly my soulmate in every sense .

After that Chirag came on his  bukki  along with my scooty to drop me home . I had dinner with mom .For next 6 days I put my heart and soul in stiching the dresses for exhibtion .

  Next week I presented my designs in the exhibition and  I won ! I stood first and I got 85 percent scholarship in the Prestigious NIFT . I still can't believe it ...may be it is just a dream but indeed  it is reality. Chirag and his mom has turned my dreams into reality. Now there is no  looking back .Now I will purse my dreams after completing my school .Chirag and Renuka aunty  has  given  me  wings and I hope that  I get out of this cage made by my own father .

*******CHAPTER     ENDS***********