22 一 Alpha Canis Major

THURSDAY, 9 APRIL 2020

hwasung was lying on her bed that night. with dim lights in her room, her eyes are looking at the ceiling. her ceiling is filled with glow in the dark star stickers, and recently she just bought a night sky light projection. it adds to it perfectly. she loves it.

hwasung loves the sky. the night sky to be exact. she loves the moon, the stars, and the silence at night. but most importantly, the first time she met jake was at night. and she has never loved the night more than she has ever since.

a smile crept into her face without her realizing it. her mind started to wander off, daydreaming. until a light sound of notification came from her phone.

her hand lazily reaches out to her phone just beside her head. she looked at the notification and can't help but to smile again. this time, she knew, she's smiling.

jake & the pirates 🏴‍☠️
meet me at the park

the girl's finger swiftly typed in a reply.

hwa 🌟
okie dokie yes sir
and for your information,
it's a playground.

jake & the pirates 🏴‍☠️
it's the same thing

hwa 🌟
no it's not

hwasung immediately jumped out of her bed. her hand randomly grabbed a hoodie to wear, it's a cold night anyway.

it's late in the night. the neighborhood is quite. but the girl doesn't have time to worry or be scared about it. her mind can't stop guessing why he want to meet her late in the night.

sure, they do this often before. back then when they were younger. back before he left to australia. back when they're just little kids who tell stories and looked at the night sky together.

hwasung couldn't help but to feel restless. her heart is somehow pounding real loud. she doesn't know why. excitement? yes, she's convincing herself it's out of excitement since it's been a long time since they did this together, looking at the night sky together.

and to her surprised, she's at the park already. she saw jake there. sitting at one of the swings. looking up towards the sky.

hwasung has to admit it. he's beautiful. he's so beautiful. she has no idea how to describe it, and she thinks no words can describe how beautiful he is.

the girl approaches the boy and sat at the swing beside his. "what's with the sudden call?" she said. "nothing," he replied, "it's just been a long time since we're like this, i miss it."

hwasung hummed in response. she followed what the boy did. she looked up at the sky. sadly, there's nothing much to see. only the pitch black sky and the moon.

"there used to be lots of stars didn't?" the boy suddenly said. "yeah," the girl replied, "there's barely any now."

"this proves that light pollution is getting worse," jake added. then he looked at her. hwasung who's still looking up at the sky.