The Scent of a Storm.

From Tanjiro's view

"Hopeless." I looked over my shoulder and I saw Tokito-san standing there. It has been already 5 hour's, yet everything Tokito-san did was to stare at me failing... He even forgot a couple of times what we're we doing so I had to re-explain our situation. Though, even after all this blank starring I tried to keep my mind positive. "Alright! I am going to do it now!" Failed. I sat on the grass which was beneath me. "I seriously am hopeless.." I rested both of my hand's on the top of my head. Than I could only hear Tokito-san clicking his tongue as he sat next to me. "Why?" That was the first thing he said to me, I looked over and looked at him staring at me. "What do you mean?" I said questioning the male sitting next to me.

"Why are you giving up?" I just gave him blank stare similiar to his. We sat there silent for a couple of seconds. My eyes we're wide opened, since I was asking myself that question over and over. "Everytime you tried to perform total concentration, something went on your mind, you we're almost at it, but this one memory kept repeating itself. People that doesn't have calmed mind, cannot perform total concentration breathing." What was he even saying? I never actually had my mind calmed while performing this, which led to me just throwing obtuse stare on the male that was sitting next to me.

"Look. Let's say we have carrot. If carrot is calm, straight, and hard, she can stand. However, if you spin her, she can never stand straight, of course she will stand even though she is spinning, but it will never be as powerful as if she wasn't spinning, when she is, she might fall down anytime when you won't expect it. Same with concentration breathing. You might achieve it with uncalmed mind, but it is not that powerful, it will let you add maximally only 5% of bigget power, but even with this small number with uncalmed mind, you won't stay standing for so long. If you won't calm your mind, total concentration breathing will hurt you from the inside, right in the moment you wouldn't except it. Same with the spinning carrot."

My eyes started to sparkle. This was actually the advice I needed. But there was still one question that was bothering me. "When I was on my last mission.. This demon was devouring it's own siblings in a brutal way, the worst part is that, the demons siblings we're fresh newborns.... Whenever I try to perform concentration breathing, the memory of him devouring in the most brutal way his newborn siblings.. It's just..." He wouldn't let me finish even my own sentence when I felt being pulled down. When I opened my eyes once again, I felt my head resting on something.

That's when I realized that my head was resting on Tokito-sans laps. He started to pet my head while saying "Someone once did this to me, I don't remember who or when it happened, I just remember that it helped me. It might help you too. Close your eyes and try to perform concentration breathing, the demon is already dead, and his victims are probably in heaven right now, as little angels. There is no more pain for them." Those words actually did calmed me down. I closed my eyes and started to perform total concentration breathing. I felt so pleasured, it almost felt like that each headpat shook off each of my problems. And that was when I finally reached my goal.

It was only for a couple of seconds, but I finally did it after trying to achieve this goal for 2 weeks. I jumped off Tokito-san in a hurry and yelled "YAAAY!" He started. I assumed that he was slowly falling asleep as well. "Arigato Tokito-san! Maybe it was just for a couple of seconds, but it's still better than nothing! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" With my last 'Thank you' I jumped on him and tightly hugged him, I was so happy I just couldn't help it. When I finally did let go off him his eyes we're wide opened, I was way too happy back then, to notice the small very light pink that was forming on both of his cheeks.

Than, all of a sudden, drops of water started to come from out of the sky. A few little drops evolved by time into a whole waterfall, accompanied by thunders. After first thunder, Tokito-san's stone like face turned into quiet scared one. Is it possible that he is scared of thunderstorms? He shook his head and slapped both of his cheeks. He stood up from the ground took my hand and ran off somewhere with me. There was a little old hut. We both sat onto the ground inside of the hut. It was really small, so I ended up being really close to Tokito-san. It was the perfect moment to teach Tokito-san something memorizeable.

"Tokito-san, do you want me to help you with your memory?" He looked at me and nodded his head. "Alright! My name is Tanjiro Kamado! I am 15 year's old. I have a sister, her name is Nezuko, she is also a demon. She is 14 year's old. I am using the water breathing technique! "Tanjiro Kamado... 15... Water breathing technique... Nezuko... Demon ... 14..." He said while staring onto the ground. "Correct!" I said with happy voice as I pat his head. He didn't really expected me to pat it, but than he stay still and actually enjoyed it. I stopped to pat his head and said. "Alright.

We'll see if you remembered what I said. Thank you one more time Tokito-san... Having someone that can actually help me with conce-" Before I could finish my sentence I registered his head being laying on the top of my shoulder being in heavy sleep. I must've gained his trust, since I don't think he would fall asleep like this on anybody else. I just caressed the top of his head and waited for the storm to be finally over.

Hiii! Sorry for mistakes but I was actually writing this on mah phone 0>0 let's spice up the next chapter a little bit, shall we? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I hope you enjoyed. Leave a nice comment and a vote you don't even know how much it would mean to me! See you next time! ^^

Word count: 1103