CHAPTER FOURTEEN

(3 weeks later)

Kiara’s POV

It’s been three weeks since my encounter with Michael and I can still feel his luscious lips on mine. I don’t know why though, it just feels like he is always here. it’s as if his lips have marked their territory.

I sighed and walked over to my wardrobe. I pulled out my black Nirvana muscle top along with my black skinny jeans. I pulled on my white converse and headed downstairs.

“Thanks again for looking after her Mikey” I said.

“No problem babe, don’t be too long and don’t talk to any attractive guys” he warned.

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you, Michael asked me to be his girlfriend last week.

He placed a gentle kiss to my temple. I moved my head and got on my tip-toes, attaching our lips together. I kiss him softly for a minute or so but pulled away once I heard Charlotte giggling at our PDA. I grabbed my phone and hand bag and left the house.

*             *             *

“Thank you, your first shift will be next Tuesday at 9:35AM” my new boss informed me after congratulating me at getting my new job at Starbucks.

I walked back to my car and drove home.

“I’M HOME!” I called through the house. I could hear giggles coming from the kitchen so quietly made my way over there. I poked my head through the door and gasped at the sight in front of me.

“Charlotte come here I need to get you cleaned up before mummy gets home” Michael whispered.

“It’s a little late for that don’t you think?” I giggled.

“Oh Kiara, you’re home early. Uh…hi” he tried to act calm.

“Michael what the hell is going on here?” I asked, trying to be calm when I really wanted to scream and pull his bright blue hair out.

“We were going to make cupcakes but then things went wrong and we had a food fight” he grinned, obviously proud of the mess he had made.

“You are going to clean all of this up while I go and give Charlotte a bath” I commanded. I picked up my daughter off the kitchen counter and took her upstairs.

“Mummy is I having a bath?” Charlotte asked and I nodded. She squealed with excitement and rushed into the bathroom.

When Charlotte finally agreed to get out of the bath after almost 10 minutes, Michael had already cleaned up and was asleep on the couch. I dressed Charlotte into her pyjamas and put her to bed.

I walked downstairs and sat on the beanbag and watched Pretty Little Liars. Michael’s phone buzzed and Ashton’s name came on the screen. I decided to not answer it because then they would know that I’m with Michael.

After 5 minutes, Ashton had finally decided to stop calling and I sighed. Am I doing the right thing by hiding? Is it really worth tearing Michael away from his band mates because I didn’t want to face Luke? I decided to just head up to bed and think this all through in the morning.

“Mikey” I tapped his shoulder.

Nothing.

“Michael” I said a little louder.

Still nothing.

“Michael!” I yelled.

Still nothing.

I decided to do the only thing that I could think of that would work. I placed my lips on his and started to kiss him. When I felt him kiss back I knew that I had succeeded.

“Baby what’s wrong?” he asked, pulling away from the kiss.

“I’m going to bed so you can stay the night again if you want” I whispered before walking away.

I hopped into bed and then I heard footsteps. Then I heard my door creek open and then I felt the bed dip. I moved closer to Michael and cuddled up to him. That’s how we fell asleep.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Luke’s POV

I haven’t seen Michael at all this week and he hasn’t been answering anyone’s calls. When he messaged Calum last Monday he said that he had met this girl and things were going really great between them. Maybe he’s just with her.

Kiara hasn’t been answering anything either and it’s driving me crazy.

What if something has happened to them both? What if they’re seeing each other secretly? What if they both hate me? There are so many questions running through my head and I’m starting to get stressed out.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Kiara’s POV

Things with Michael are going great and I couldn’t have asked for a better relationship. It has been so hard looking for a guy or being able to go on dates, because as soon as the guy finds out that I have a child, they don’t want to know me anymore.

I’ve been called a slut numerous times by numerous strangers and being able to finally start a relationship and being able to feel loved is one of the best feelings in the world. And the fact that Charlotte and Michael get along so well is just a bonus.

My life would be absolutely perfect if the whole situation with Luke never came about. It’s stressing me out because I know that he is looking for me and wants to talk to me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------