8 : because every picture contains a lie

The shards of broken glass from your spectacles glistened under the moonlight, the frames looking like a skeleton from the absence of lenses. You hadn't payed notice to them, however, as you stared directly into the eyes of the man before you. He was larger, more muscular and brooding than you were but in an instant he fell unconscious from the crimson glow of your irises.

"Good job Y/N-chan."

The words of praise caused you to turn your head towards the voice and the brunette who had spoken them approached you.

After your outburst that followed the smashing of your glasses, and the kind words and demonstration that had been illustrated by your two superiors, Dazai had settled on a plan to train your ability. Within minutes of him vocalising the said plan, with an agreement from Chuuya, a magnitude of men clad in black suits and dark sunglasses had arrived at the abandoned basketball court. For once they were unarmed, though the feeling of uneasiness was still within you as the mafioso's surrounded your being.

Your instructions were easy: use your ability on as many as these men as you could.

The last of the uniformed males had been taken down, your eyes felt heavy; as if they were being pulled down by dumbbells, and you turned towards the two executives with a drowsy smile as Dazai's compliment faded in your ears.

"You're not done yet."

Stifling a groan you peered with half lidded eyes towards your superior.
Chuuya had a smug smile on his face while he approached your form, you were trembling - an effect of your fatigue - as your legs tried to keep you from collapsing onto the tarmac.

"If you're able to render me unconscious, I'll buy you a pastry on the way home; let's see how much you've learnt in the last 3 weeks." The red head, cracked his knuckles and rested into an attacking position, you could feel a yawn creeping up your throat.

Nodding, and slowly moving your lead-like limbs, you positioned yourself on the defensive, arms close to your chest and legs shoulder width apart - you only dragged your feet into the stance as it felt physically impossible to lift a foot as of right now.

Chuuya immediately bolted forward, as did you, trying to muster enough energy as you could into driving yourself towards the man. Though with every step you took, your eyelids drooping and your torso falling forwards, you felt a strong desire to succumb to a peaceful sleep. The executive had raised his leg in an attempt to throw a kick in your direction but stopped mid-flow as your legs gave way and you fell into his chest.

"O-Oi, Y/N..." Chuuya's voice had softened in confusion as he caught you. You were completely unconscious as he lowered you to the ground, breathing slow and steady as you sailed away into a deep sleep.

"My my." Dazai chuckled, and bent down, gazing at your sleeping figure. He brushed a h/c tress away from your cheek and titled his head while studying your innocent face. The mocha eye that was not hidden by bandages softened. "How rude, taking a nap during our training session."

"She wasn't kidding when she said she passes out after overusing it..." Chuuya sighed and ran a gloved hand through his ginger waves - after he had taken his hat off.

Dazai remained crouched and flickered an eye towards the unconscious men scattered around the court. He had beckoned 20 men over for this training session, and you had managed to benumb all of them. A smile appeared on his lips, your limit was now in the 20s, you could use your ability on 5 more people than you had initially thought. Progress is progress.