Chapter 15- Everything Is Falling Apart

Shawn's pov:

The second I turned around I saw my ex girlfriend, what is she doing here? I thought I made clear that I wanted her away from me.

-Hi Shawn!

-What the hell are you doing here Hannah?

-My mom came to do some checkup exams and asked me to come, and you?

-Nonne of your business.

-Oh so you're still mad about what happened in the past?

-Just shut up, I'm happy now, I don't need you to ruin everything again!

-Poor man, I know you're still in love with me.

-You wish. I have a girlfriend now and she's way better than you could ever be.

-So that's why you're here? Because of your girlfriend, interesting.

-Just leave me and her alone, we don't need more problems.

-No way, now that I know you're back, you're going to hear a lot about me.

I need to get to Maria's room.

                    Maria's pov:

Shawn is taking so long to get back and I'm starting to get a little worried, the doctor is about to come to say what happened with me and I need him by my side..

15 minutes later...

-Hey baby

-Shawn where were you? I was worried about you!

-I'm sorry, it won't happen again.

-The doctor is coming..

Here we go..

-How are you feeling Maria?

-A little better I think..

-We discovered something that might be a little worst than we expected.

-What? What do you mean?

-Does your family have a cancer history?

-My grandmother and her sister had cancer, but why are you asking me that?

-Because unfortunately we discovered that you have leukemia.

My heart stopped that moment, I looked at Shawn and he started tearing up, tears started to fall off of my face too, what am I supposed to do now? Am I gonna die? This is a nightmare, my life is falling apart.

-What do you mean I have leukemia?
You said I was fine!

-After the exams we discovered that your body was really weak and since you have an history family cancer the probability is even higher. For now, you need to stay here with us, you're gonna do the treatments and eventually your hair will fall. We're gonna do everything we can for you, but we need for you to be calm, because you're gonna be okay. I need to go now but if you both need anything just tell me.

                          Shawn's pov:

I can't believe this, the love of my life is about to go through something that might kill her, I'm devastated, why is this happening again? Why me?

-Babe, you're gonna be fine, trust me

-Why is this happening? I was healthy wasn't I? I did everything I could to keep my body healthy and strong, why? - Maria said those words crying so hard that broke my heart seeing her face, I can feel her heart broken.

-You're gonna be fine love, trust me. I'm here for you, I'll always be. - I tried to calm her down and after 20 minutes she fell asleep.

This is going to change everything, the plans we've made are now ruined. What about her parents? What are we going to do?

                    To be continued...