Chapter 22 - Don't get attached

Alfie's P.O.V

I woke up during the night and briskly remembered the events of the night before, I then realised I woke up because the little girl was sat up, cross legged crying into her hands. I tiredly sat up and placed my hand on her head and she turned to me. I whispered.

'Bad dream?'

She nodded slowly and I mumbled.

'Wanna go watch some t.v.?'

'a..alone'

She squeaked out and I said.

'no no, I'll come too'

I said then got up, she stayed sat on the bed. I put my arms out and she slowly stood and I put her on my hip, she is so light. Once reaching the front room I put an old recorded episode of mythbusters on and placed the little girl on my lap sideways so she rested her head on my bare chest again. I slowly rested my hand against head as she continued to cry.

'wanna tell me about your dream?'

I asked quietly.

'm..my o..old family w..were hurting m..me again sir..'

She mumbled and looked slightly up to me and I felt the pain in her eyes.

'i am no sir, I'm so sorry to hear that little one.. they will never hurt you again, I promise.'

I said and she quietly nodded and I felt her shiver on my lap. I grabbed a blanket from beside us and wrapped it around both of us and she snuggled into my chest. Her breathing was cold and shakey against my bare chest. Her cheek ice cold and whispers hushed.

Once she fell asleep I gently laid her on the sofa with a pillow under her head. I tucked the fluffy blanket around her and I kissed her head and walked back to our room but in the doorway I saw Zoe had been watching us. We quietly crept into her room and the light was on. I hugged her and felt her tiny little bump against me.

'Alfie, guess what just happened'

She said and I stepped back and she grinned.

'what?!'

'The baby kicked'

She smiled and I kissed her and knelt uncovering her tiny bump and kissed it and said whispering.

'I love you little bump'

Then came back up and kissed her..

'it only happened once but still.'

I picked her up and she wrapped her legs around my waist and I carried her over to the side of the bed where I sat and put her on my lap, facing me. She mumbled.

'Alf don't get attached to her..'

' I won't, her parents used to beat her Zo'

'Oh no.. she seems to love you Alfie'

'I.. She called me daddy..'

I sat and felt myself well up. She is always getting left and tomorrow we have to leave her too.. Zoe leant forward and kissed me sweetly and we both laid back in bed. I laid with Zoes head on my chest and my arm around her. She had just turned out the light and we said good night again. Though it was 4am by now anyway.

I woke up at 10am to the sound of Zoe cooking and I wandered through into the front room and kitchen to see the little girl sat on the floor looking up at the TV, her long brown hair tied up neatly with a little red bow. I walked into the kitchen area where Zoe was baking a cake. Just as she put it in the oven I hugged her from behind then she spun round and gave me a kiss. Her hair was wavy and she had stunning makeup on.

'morning'

I smiled and kissed her again and she said.

'I'll make you a coffee and you go talk to her, she has eaten but only nodded all morning '

I walked over and sat on the floor beside the tiny girl, and she looked at me.

'Morning!'

I grinned and she smiled.

'H..hi.'

'you okay?'

I asked and she nodded. I said surely.

'would you like to get changed?'

'yes pl..please d..da'

She cut herself of and looked at me sadly. I stood and took her hand and walked her into Zoe's room. Her leggings she had on were washed so I passed them to her and her now clean little red hoodie. I stepped out of the room and soon entered again when she ready.

'Zoe could we go into town and buy the little one some shoes?'

'yeah lets go now'

She shouted and I turned to the girl who looked sad.

'You can't buy me anything.'

She mumbled.

'why not?'

'I d..don't want it'

'We want to get you some shoes, so would you mind if I carried you the then to shop?'

I squatted to get as I asked and she nodded. I changed into my black skinny jeans and a plain shirt and jumper then my coat. I put my shoes on and picked up the girl and as we outside I felt her shiver against me I pulled her inside my coat and she cuddled into me as we walked into car park. Zoe at my side.

Love jawyerandshoey xx

Views are decreasing. Comment the fate of the girl.