Chapter three

The sun peaked its light through the slightly broken blinds of the bedroom, showering the room with gentle light. Low snores was heard from the bed where Kevin slept spooning his lover, Neil. Both boys slept soundly, the birds chirping outside.

The boys didn't get to rest for long, when a loud knock on their apartment door was heard, making the darker haired boy to wake up from his slumber.

"Ah fuck... who can it be..?" He mumbled and looked over to the nightstand, where his alarmclock shined back with the numbers 5:25. "At this hour as well..."
Kevin moved away gently from Neil's warm embrace and put on a shirt before making his way over to the bedroom door. He opened it and rubbed his eye at the bright light from the living room.

The knock repeated and made Kevin groan. "I'm coming!" He says, stomping his way to the front door. He unlocked it and opened the door.
Nicky was at the door, trembling as he stood there, his face pale and lip quivering, making Kevin's eyes widen in shock.

"Nicky?" The striker asks, worry lacing his voice.
The second male reached a hand out. "Y-You've got to come with me.... p-please..." he says shakily.
Kevin grabbed Nicky's hand and squeezed it a bit. "First you need to calm down, what's wrong..?" He asks, his eyebrows furrowed in worry.

"I-It's Andrew!" Nicky says. "He never returned home!"
Kevin stood there baffled, trying to process what he had said.

"We saw him in the park not too long ago...? He haven't been home since?" The striker asks, now getting worried, pulling Nicky into his and Neil's apartment.
Nicky shakes his head. "No! I haven't heard anything from him"

Kevin curses under his breath and sighs, rubbing his eye. "God damn it Andrew... what about Aaron? Are they still not talking?"
Nicky shakes his head.

"Fuck..." Kevin sighs again. "I'll get dressed and look for him, alright? No need to worry... try and get some rest, you look exhausted" he mumbles before he walked back towards his and Neil's bedroom, walking into the room.

Neil was sleeping tightly on the bed, snuggled up against Kevin's pillow now that the striker was gone, a faint smile on his lips and his auburn hair all messy and everywhere.
Kevin smiled and walked over, grabbing his pants, pulling them on. He quickly walked to their shared dresser and pulled out a shirt, putting it on.

Kevin had finished dressing himself and was now walking over to the bed, moving closer to Neil and giving him a soft kiss on the cheek.

"Just keep sleeping, I'll be back soon, Neil..." he mumbles before he backed away and walked out of the bedroom, closing the door gently.

__

CW/TW: self harm.
Read with caution.

Andrew sat quietly by the woods that Neil had disappeared into many many months ago, holding his bottle of vodka and his cigarette in each hand, his exhaustion showing clearly on his pale skin and heavy under eye bags.

His feet were bare and wet, having left his shoes inside his apartment. His hands grabbing the bottle with great strength, the liquid inside shaking at his furious shaking.

He couldn't sleep. He lost the ability after Sofia's death. Something about everything that happened during that time made him completely shut down. He barely ate, he barely slept.

He felt like he was alone. He fucking hated being alone. His heart ached at the thought of Neil together with Kevin in that god forsaken apartment.

He let his chapped lips escape a dry chuckle, before tipping the bottle up against them and gulping down another mouthful of the booze.
"How fucking ironic, huh..." he mumbles dryly, his head spinning by the strong beverage.

Andrew took a big hit from his cigarette and stared emptily into the forest. "How did you survive out here, Neil...?" He shook his head lightly.
He realized what he had lost. It haunted him each and every day. Every day he had to see Neil be happy and in love with Kevin, it jabbed another knife into his heart.

Each and every day, he kept on going with his toxic behavior, his dangerous habits, and his scary thoughts.
He didn't even bother to bully his teammates anymore, it wasn't worth it.
Nobody noticed his change of behavior, not even the coach, which was odd, in Andrew's opinion.

Andrew threw the now empty vodka bottle into a tree, watching it shatter and land everywhere. He let out a soft smile as he watched the shattered glass shards spread across the ground, glowing in the slight sunlight.

"How... how am I supposed to move past you?" He mumbles, hiccuping as he stood, his feet shaky from his drunken self. "I'm so fucking stupid for not realizing what I had... and now.." he walked closer to the glass shards, staring at them. "Now you've found... fucking Kevin...! Of all our teammates... you chose Kevin!?" He sobs, moving and stomping his bare feet onto the glass shards.

"Why Kevin!?" He screams, his throat going dry, making him cough vigorously. "Why?" He sobs, moving his feet and stomping down on the shards again, making his feet bleed more and more, painting the ground underneath his feet with blood.

He found ease with each stomp, his heart breaking for each second he thinks about Neil and Kevin. Andrew couldn't believe his stupid self, falling for the person he had all along, just going off on instincts when he hooked up with Léo.

He remembered Léo's words, each moan and each erotic moments, and he fucking hated them all.
He was blind for the real love he had with Neil, and now it's returning, only to make him suffer.

Andrew sobbed as he couldn't stand any more, his feet giving out to the pain from the shards, sending him onto his knees, jabbing the shards into his kneecaps as well, the blood oozing out and covering the ground underneath him.

"Andrew...?" A familiar voice said from behind him.

___