Prologue

She could feel the cold liquid surrounding her floating body. The rubber tubes that protruded into her throat supplied her with cool oxygen. She could feel something soft and feathery surrounding her head, but her body was as stiff as ever. Her eyes were closed, and it was no surprise that she felt unfamiliar in this surrounding. She could hear the hard footsteps of four pairs of leather shoes walk on marble flooring. She could feel the energy of thousands of others just like her around her, but it was evident that they were not conscious like her.

She laid there still in her pod, drifting in the cold liquid like a dead fish. The footsteps stopped right at her pod, and she could feel someone run their hands over the top of her pod. She could already see who it was without even needing to open her eyes. The R3SC chip was not inserted in her brain yet, which meant that she was still some untamed laboratory freak – someone who didn't belong in this world. The grey-haired man wore a glossy suit today, and when he saw her, he let out a deep sigh. He was observing her. She could feel his eyes running over her, ripping her body apart with his mind.

"Just three more months my love, then we would be together." She heard the man say. She could feel his energy, dark and masked with impurity, and that gave her full knowledge of who he was. His name was Miguel King, president of Prolex Laboratories and Vice President of Elysium Island. He was sixty-nine years old and had two children. He had five prior wives, who all died in terrible accidents. His two sons, Marcus and Vincent were next in line to inherit his kingdom, which he inherited from his father. His favorite son out of the two was Marcus King, who also had two wives and four sons, and was a runner for mayor in Kelician City – capital of Elysium Island. He had an uneasy relationship with his other son, Vincent King – because he didn't want to live up to his father's expectations, nor did he want a wife.

She did not feel his love or care as he caressed the top of her pod, but instead she could feel the lust his body was secreting through his decaying glands. The other two men who were with him were the scientist who co-created LIFE, and the last one was a security guard of Miguel King himself. She could feel the satisfaction and nerves secreting from the scientist's glands, but she could hear their thoughts.

Was he happy with the outcome of the creation, the one scientist thought whilst the other one was pondering about why he would come three months earlier to see the creation? The bodyguard thought of how he loved his life since he was promoted to personal bodyguard to Miguel King. He himself had a wife – Laura. She cooked him five-star dinners every night, and they had a son. He also remembered that it was their one-year anniversary tomorrow, not that she should be expect anything. He thought of how it was his wife's duty to give and serve him without the want to receive anything. It was a thought that made her peculiarly uneasy. The word that humans would use for it was anger, but she did not understand the feelings of anger. She didn't understand any feelings actually. She just understood the actions of executing commands – or she was supposed to only understand that.

"If there is anything you would like to change to the subject - " the one scientist which was Asian by birth but American by choice – started to say but he was silenced by a quick wave of the hand.

"No not at all, I'm just wondering why her hair is so black. I expected a blonde." Miguel King asked with a tint of sadness in his voice, and she could feel him taking his hand from the top of her lifepod and turning around. Miguel King looked at the Asian-American scientist with curiosity and disparagement. She could hear him stuttering before explaining. He did not know how to explain that there was a flaw in the dissection of the DNA cells during the initial processes of creation, called the Prosper Phase.

"While we were trying to apply the Prosper Phase in the DNA there was an accident. We made the mistake of inserting the black genetic strand instead of the blonde genetic strand, but only realized the mistake in the third month of her lifespan." He explained and the other scientist added.