13

Renjun, Taeil, Xiaojun and Winwin stayed back at the base while the rest drove as fast as they could, to Y/N's old house.

"Is she picking up her phone?"
"No" Jeno replied to the leader, as he asked from the ear piece.

Taeyong rubbed his face in frustration as he had one on the steering wheel, driving the car.

" I shouldn't have. Why did I?"

"Why did she even run away though?" Johnny asked, everyone in the car looked at each other.

Taeyong sighed, "Y/N had a brother, a real brother, who killed her then best friend, in front of her eyes. And her bestfriend blamed Y/N for her death. After seeing the tears of her best friend's family, if anyone close to her died from even a heart attack, she blamed herself. And when she learnt that her father killed my family...."

He sighed, "She's obviously blaming herself"

After that, the car stayed silent.

Taeyong stopped the car and immediately jumped out running to the house, with his pistol in his hand.

He silently opened the door and glanced around to see no one, he indicated everyone to enter with his gun and they entered the house.

"Renjun, where is she?" He whispered, Renjun instantly looked up and typed away.

"She's in her room, the one on your left. OH MY GOD OPEN THAT DOOR NOW"

Taeyong ran and slammed the door open, instantly pulling Y/N in  a hug, kicking off the sleeping pills and the knife in her hand.

"No, no, LET ME GO TAEYONG"
She yelled, tears streaming down her face, but he didn't let go even after a vigorous shaking and hitting.

He just held tighter, closing his eyes, as if he was feeling the pain in her heart.

It's been years and still, it scares her. Watching your best friend being stabbed by your own brother, obviously you'll not get over that.

Her pain, something flashed in his mind and he closed his eyes. He remembered the pain he felt when his family was killed. Choi was his rival at the time, but he never knew how Choi found out about his family, even after Taeyong kept himself away from his family, and his family also acted like they never had a son, for his and their safety. But Choi found out. Out of all of them, only Taeyong's nephew survived, who was at the daycare at the moment.

Everyone gradually left the room, and Jisung literally had to pull Chenle out, to give those two some time to talk.

Taeyong finally pulled away, harshly wiping his eyes, to get those tears out of his eyes, which haven't even fallen yet.

"It's my fault"

He looked up as the girl spoke with a shaky voice, tired from all the emotions she just let out.

He caressed her cheek, "It's not princess-"

She sighed, "It is. I killed your family"

"Choi did princess, not you"

"But he is my father"

He wiped a tear that fell out of her eye, "He was. You said that you don't consider him as your father. You have a loving father right now, don't you?"

She held his wrist, "but that doesn't change the fact that I am Choi's daughter, I have his DNA-"

He gave her a small soft smile,
"Family is not by blood baby, it's by heart. The people you love as your family, are your family"

Y/N stared at the floor, gulping down more tears and more nightmares, of the images of her bestfriend being stabbed by her brother-

"Princess..."
Taeyong placed his finger under her chin and they met each other's eyes,
"I know what pain you are feeling. And if I can do anything to heal that pain, I will do it"

She shook her head, "I don't want you to get involved in my fucked up life Taeyong"

He sighed, and gave her a small smile,
"But trust me baby, I want to be involved. I want to heal all those scars that hurt you, because you are already healing mine without even doing anything"