Chapter One

"Out of the way, Garmadork!"

A harsh shove was sent to Lloyd's shoulder, knocking him to the ground. Lloyd heard laugher behind him but he just shook his head, grabbing his books. What's so funny about pushing someone down, anyways?

Lloyd got up and was about to keep walking when a hand was put on his shoulder. He winced and didn't bother to glance back, for he already knew who it was.

"Where did you think you're going? Hey guys look, he thought we were done!"

More laughter. Lloyd just tried to push Adam back but he had an iron grip on his shoulder.

Adam has been in the same school as Lloyd since first grade, and all he did was torment him. He never got in trouble, I mean, what's wrong with hurting the son of Lord Garmadon? Nothing.

Lloyd was spun to face Adam by two of his friends, Julien and Mark. They held him back, each had one hand on Lloyd's shoulder, the other hand on a side of his neck. Lloyd braced for impact, squeezing his eyes shut.

After a second he heard confused murmuring, and dared to open one eye. What he saw shocked him.

In front of him was another sophomore, standing firmly in front of Adam. The boy had a red jacket on and brown spiked up hair, alright this guy has a lot of hair gel on him. The boy turned and looked at Lloyd, then smiled at him. Lloyd could tell that Adam punched him in the face, a bruise was forming on his cheek.

When Lloyd saw his smile he felt safe, like nothing would hurt him. Huh, that's ironic. Morro would get a real kick out of that one.

Lloyd's mind flashed to his cousin, who was currently suspended. Adam, Julien, and Mark had beaten Lloyd up behind the school and slammed him into the wall, giving him a concussion, and Morro just snapped. He attacked them with full force, Julien was hospitalized and Mark was sent home. Morro got suspension for two weeks, but he claimed it was worth it, no matter how many times Uncle Wu told him not to fight.

Lloyd snapped out of his thoughts and looked up at the other boy. Adam was silent, he seemed actually confused.

"You'd help him? Why?"

The other boy made a sound that sounded like a muffled laugh. "Look at the kid, he's innocent." He stepped out of the way and looked at Lloyd, most likely detecting the fear in his eyes. "So, it'd make sense to help him."

"Don't you know? He's Lloyd Garmadon! You probably didn't, you wouldn't help him if you knew. He's just a little demon spawn."

That's why he's protecting me. He doesn't know who I am yet. Lloyd knew the other boy would walk away now, so he closed his eyes and waited for it.

"Shut up." The brunette's voice said.

He heard a punch and the right grip on one side of his neck was released, as was that side's shoulder. Taking a peek he saw Mark on the ground, a hand over his jaw. Apparently the brunette had punched him. Why?

Adam laughed and grabbed his fist when the brunette tried to punch him, twisting his wrist back. Lloyd's eyes widened, his fear was building.

Adam's grip was released and his arms were jerked back as he fell. A mocha skinned boy was standing behind him, he scowled at Adam. "Leave my friend alone." He sounded angry.

Behind him was a red headed boy with an orange scarf, he was smaller than the black haired boy and looked more nervous. There was a blonde boy there as well who was taller than the redhead and looked calmer. However, he also looked angry at Adam.

"Oh look, it's the rest of the freak group." Adam stood and tried to look tough, but his tone gave him away. He was scared.

A punch hit Adam in the face. A strong one at that. Whoever this black haired boy was, he was strong!