13: DANCE

— AUGUST 19, SATURDAY

     AS promised, floch picked you up after your shift. no words were exchanged between the two of you when he stepped inside the building and beckoned you over. though borris saw him and sent you a smirk and wiggled his eyebrows, something you certainly didn't expect from someone like him.

     the two of you had drove over to a famous boutique (his words), a bit far away from the city, in complete silence. you were tired after a long day of stressful work and still a bit pissed off with what happened earlier so you didn't have enough energy to talk. he didn't as well, deciding that it would be best to leave you alone especially when you were wearing a very uninviting frown.

     of course, such silence didn't stop you from being curious about the formal event you'd be attending to. you wonder how big the venue would be, what kind of food would be served and if there would be a lot of obnoxious rich people who'd look down on you. just the mere thought of it made your skin crawl, though you could no longer back out.

     unless you jump out of his car, that is.

     sighing internally, you just hope that the man who decided to treat you like an object back then wasn't there. better yet, you wish you wouldn't interact with people like that later on. you weren't in the mood. you had enough for one day.

     "we're here."

     you got out of the car and looked at the glowing building, jaw dropping to the floor. even from the outside, it was exceeding with such opulence. the name you couldn't pronounce was in a cursive gold lettering, the sunlight raining down and giving the name a glimmer. displayed through the large windows were a bunch of classy dresses modelled by the mannequins, ranging from simple to extravagant.

     peering inside through the window and you were already intimidated. there were millions of clothing hanging by the racks and almost every single color existing had their own beautiful dress. just how much do they cost? and how were you going to choose?

     "are you just going to look?" floch asked behind you with annoyance, eyebrows scrunched together.

     you followed him inside, looking around the building decorated with pure white ornaments, fresh green plants placed at the right spot with a hint of gold here and there. it was very simple yet beautiful; anyone could tell that this boutique was it.

     wrapping an arm around your shoulders, floch lead you to the racks after talking to the woman behind the desk. you looked around with a small pout, feeling a bit intimidated at the amount of dresses you had to choose. this would take hours...

     "uh, what should i choose?" you asked the ginger, looking up at him with a sheepish smile. you couldn't make a decision, even just by looking through the many dresses. you needed at least a few options.