Epilogue

Step.

Step.

Breathe, just remember to breathe.

Step.

"Are you ready, girl?" Came Ella's voice from behind her. She was blindfolded, but she could tell she was outside thanks to the warm breeze washing over her bare shoulders.

"More than ever. I can't wait to see how everything is looking... To see him," she practically heard Ella smile before she fell her tug lightly at the bow at the back of her head, loosening her blindfold.

Nine months and four weeks had gone by faster than anticipated, and in what felt like the blink of an eye, Chloe Jane Decker had her blindfold undone, and an aisle to walk down.

The music was loud, beautiful, and not overwhelming in the slightest. It was the very well known wedding march played by... a string quartet? Had Lucifer really done that?

Her two braidsmaids, Linda and Maze, and her maid of honor Ella were blocking her view, but she could already see how beautiful their long, golden dresses were.

Taking it all in was far more overwhelming than she ever anticipated.

They were on a lake house by the hills, and she was standing on a small pier, about to walk down a crimson colored carpet that led into a wider portion of it, where an array of white chairs had been organized at the sides of said carpet, lined with white rose petals at the sides. She couldn't help but let her mouth hang wide open at the sight, it was truly breath-taking. The railings of the pier were beautifully decorated with fairy lights, going from the rails themselves, to the poles on all four corners and the beaded brackets, to the ones hanging from the top edges, giving an almost magical look to the place. An arch of white roses was at the end of the aisle, where an officiant of the court stood, ready to join her and Lucifer in marriage.

Her bridesmaids started to walk, and up went her eyes, meeting the back of her tuxedoed, soon-to-be husband. She had seen him in a tux in multiple occasions, yet, seeing him look so formal right then made all the hairs at the back of her neck stand up, and her bare arms to get goosebumps.

And then he turned completely, and her blue eyes met those of the man she had so deeply fallen in love with, the man that had given her his everything. Standing there, on the other side of the beautiful red carpet, was he, on all his glory, looking at her as if she had been the one to light up all the stars instead of him.

It felt good for her to also be one to kick the breath out of someone. She had never seen herself look so beautiful before, and she was so proud of her dress choice. Lucifer could definitely notice from the other side of the pier.

Her hair was in a low and loose updo, leaving a couple strands of curled hair carefully placed so it would look more relaxed, but it had actually taken an hour and a half to get it done. No veil was on her head, per her request, but she did have a gorgeous, beaded arrangement decorating her hairstyle.

Her dress, however. That was a whole another chapter on itself.

Her slender body was dressed in a wedding gown that could easily belong to Heaven itself. It had long, spaghetti straps covered in beads that widened into a V-shaped neckline, leading the path for an all beaded, low back, beautiful bodice. At the waist, a plain, thick over skirt completed the look, letting Chloe walk down the aisle as the princess she always wanted to be when she was little. She had fallen too hard for the dress she was wearing, but it wasn't a ball gown originally, so she made the atelier do an over skirt for the ceremony, that she could then take off for the reception. In the end, she always came out winning.