Bread Names

JUNGKOOK

"How— How'd you know I like this, Kook?"

I beam at him happily when he lifts up a the bag I'd brought him. It's full of the stuff Noona said he likes— bread, and I'd even bought flour by the bag.

"Wait."

Then his tone wavers a bit.

"Did you go out? Without me knowing?"

I smile. "Yeah! I went to that bakery at the corner. But they were all really nice, and I only had to cross two little roads. So all safe, hyung."

His eyes widen.

"Jungkook..."

My wide grin slowly turns into a pout when I see him worrying again. It's that expression, the worrying expression.

I'm not a baby.

"Jimin hyung, promise. I'm an adult, remember? I can keep myself safe— really, really safe."

But my pout just gets deeper when he slightly frowns. He grips my hand, and I start to feel more black. My mind always got darker when I was getting angry.

"Kookie, I know. But I don't want you to go out alone again, okay? And especially, especially if there's roads."

My hands start to shake.

And hyung's voice turns more pleading.

"Remember last time? Please. I just want you to be sa—"

"I don't want to be s-safe." I snap out, my words getting more tangled. "Not if it means I-I always get treated like a baby. I'm not a baby. I'm not."

"Of course you aren't."

He's answering too quickly.

When people answer too quick, then it's a lie. And he's not blinking, either.

I sniffle.

"I thought you'd be happy." I whimper, the tears coming now. "I brought you all the things that you l-like."

Jimin hyung looks more urgent now, scrambling up from the bed. His eyes are panicked, and I chew on my trembling lip.

"Jungkook, I do. I love what you did for me."

"N-No, no you don't."

I start to cry softly into my hands. "You're unhappy with me. And you were l-lying earlier. Lying is bad. You shouldn't be lying."

He looks stunned.

"Y-You think I'm still a baby."

_________________________

JIMIN

"Jungkook!"

But he doesn't listen to me. My head pounds harder when I hear the front door opening, and I rush to get out of the blankets.

"Jungkook!"

I call again, stumbling on my feet. Kicking my shoes on, I run out of the door after him.

Why did you say that?

You know he doesn't like to be treated like a child. You know. What the hell is wrong with you, Park Jimin.