Remedy: Ending

RIEUL

Taehyung's pissed.

And I know exactly why— the four weeks were up. Jungkook and I had agreed on a month back when I'd made the decision to move in with Taehyung, to make him better.

Now it was time to go back.

He doesn't say a single word the entire time we go to Jimin's house, to pick up Jungkook.

"Tae."

He tugs on his bottom lip harshly with his teeth.

"You know we'll still see each other." I coax, taking his hand and drawing lines on the back. "This isn't the end."

"Why can't you stay with your brother in my house?"

"We'll see what Jungkook wants to do." I say, pulling at the corners of his lips. "So stop biting your mouth now and smile."

He sighs.

"We're here, Rieul. I'll be waiting."

I hop off the car. Jimin's house is in front of me, and I can't help but hope as I knock on the door.

I wanted to stay with Taehyung.

Staying with both Jungkook and Taehyung would be the best possible option, but I couldn't be selfish when it came to my brother.

And he'd already done so much.

The door swings open.

"Rieul." Jimin says, his eyes going wide with surprise. "Why are you..."

"I'm here to pick up Kookie."

His brown eyes go wider.

"K-Kook?"

I nod, and Jimin turns. He calls Jungkook's name, and I smile softly when I see my younger brother waddle out of the door.

"Noona!"

"Did you grab your things?" I ask, blinking when he shakes his head cutely. Jimin's standing off to the side, looking nervous on his feet.

Then he drops the bomb on me.

"Noona, I wanna stay."

I blink.

"You want to....what?"

"I want to stay with hyung." He says, more firmly. "I mean— it doesn't mean that I really still miss you, Noona. I just want to stay with him."

"That's great."

My head snaps up to see Taehyung, smirking behind me.

I smack his shoulder.

"Hush. Wait, Jungkook— you're serious? I just want to make sure that you're really..."

He nods.

"I'm sure. Pinky promise."

_________________________

"You look anxious."

"I am." I whisper, tugging at my sleeves. Jimin— I knew he'd take good care of Jungkook already. I trusted him more than I did myself.

But I just couldn't stop worrying.

"Stop worrying."

He has an unhappy look on his face when I turn to him. "You care about your brother more than you do for me?"