Chapter Sixteen

You and Wesley sprinted down the corridors as fast as your feet would carry you, you knew it would be mere minutes before someone had sent security after the both of you. The red alert signals and lights due to the current crisis were making the run that much more adrenaline releasing. 

"As soon as we activate Data he will be able to explain what happened!" You called out.

"I can't wait for this to be over!" Wesley called back.

You turned your head to look at him instinctively but instead, you lost your balance and came crashing down on the floor. Hard. You heard your wrist crack and a jolt of pain course through you, you didn't care, now was the time to save Data. You pushed yourself to your feet and looked forward, ready to keep sprinting. 

What you didn't expect, was to be back in your own timeline. Standing on the Bridge of the original Enterprise. 

Your mouth hung agape as the familiar sounds of beeps filled the air. You were now so accustomed to the future Enterprise's Bridge that this one caught you off guard with how much smaller it was, and how it seemed so much darker. 

The Captain's chair swung around and Captain Kirk lifted an eyebrow in utter shock at your sudden appearance. In fact, everyone swung around to look at you. 

"Ehhh, are you okey?" A small Russian accent piped up breaking the silence, who you assumed must belong to Chekov.

All you could do was ever so slightly shake your head no. 

Captain Kirk nodded for Spock to take control as he stood up and walked over to you, he put his arm around your shoulders and pulled you into his side for support, he led you to the turbolift and descended. "Let's get you to Bones..." He said gently, seeing the utter frozen look of shock on your face. 

The Sickbay doors opened and you stepped into the coldly lit blue room. Not a single soul could be seen. Kirk led you to a biobed and made you lay down. "One second." He said softly smiling as he disappeared into another room. You could hear him knocking on a door. "Bones, you have a patient." 

"I'm busy Jim." A voice snapped.

"Yeah, well, it's sort of an emergency."

You heard things being knocked over and a soft dammit, as the door opened and McCoy left his office. "I swear to god if this is another prank to try and cheer me up, I'll hypo your ass so far back into time you won't have even been bor-" McCoy froze as he looked at you laying on the bed, the tricorder in his hands slipped to the ground with a clang. He didn't even notice. 

"Leo..." You whispered. "You're-you're young again."

He cocked an eyebrow and rushed to your side, grabbing your hands.

You winced, and he looked down, notcing one had a fractured bone. Without another word he started preparing a painkiller and began carefully treating the injured wrist. 

The entire time his gaze kept drifting back to your face as if he was seeing a ghost. You couldn't take it any longer and pulled him into a tight hug. 

"How long have I been gone?" You asked him, afraid to know. 

"...A year. Where did you go darlin'? What happened?" He asked softly. 

"An entire year?" 

You could feel his head nod. Tears streamed down both of your cheeks.

Kirk sat on the end of the bed and looked at you curiously, "Where did you go? We've been looking for you extensivly, but you just sorta...vanished. Apprently you left sickabay and never made it to the Bridge. Well, actually Sulu said he thought he saw you enter the Bridge for a second before completely disapearing into thin air but he told us he hadn't been sleeping well so we put it off as his imagination."