Charles Xavier

"Put the gun at me!" You said.

"I don't want to..."

"Charles, I need to see if I can stop a bullet. This will be epic if I can!" You cheer.

"So what? If you can stop a bullet? This isn't a test you should take." Charles says sadly. You lift his arm up and put the gun against your head. His arm shakes and he struggles to keep a straight face between his sadness and anger.

"Why do you so desperately want me to shoot you?" You can hear him trying to hide his pain. "I know you've been through a lot, but this shouldn't be a way to test your power."

"Charles..." You sigh. "If I can stop a bullet, good on me. If I can't...well. At least I won't have to deal with this..."

He puts the gun down and throws it away before pulling you into a tight and close hug. You get confused, before realizing that you've needed a hug. You really needed a hug.

"We're both mutants and I know you're scared of your power. I know you're depressed." He murmurs into my shoulder. "But I love you for who you are. You're not alone, even if you think so."

"It'll take me forever to accept who I really am." I mutter.

"Then take that time." He tells me. "But I can't lose you. I can't lose the one I love. So if you want to test your power..."

"Don't tell me! To put a gun! Against your head!"