Fire

{Hi all!

As it says in the description, this is a physiological horror fanfiction! In this chapter is when things fully begin to show as off and they're sure to only escalate from here! Please keep your own mental health in mind and tread with caution! Also, sorry again for the late update!

In other news: thank you all for helping us break over one hundred reads!! I have never been so ecstatic in my life! I would like to thank an extra special reader who made fan art of our farmer girl and Sebastian together on the porch and for the sweet message sent to accompany it! You truly made my day (and week, and month, and year), and it makes me smile every time I look at it! Please don't be shy to message us; both myself and Stronkie won't bite!

Stay safe and happy!

-❤🍓Berry🍓❤}

And there was that luster; the never-ending deposition of his innocents not proving well for his defense. Dragging his nail until it caught upon the solid ridge, his eyes fluttered at the repetitive meshing, indecisive of whether or not it was a welcome cutting of the suffocating nothingness of the woods, or an annoyance that needs stopping. If he felt he had enough room in his mind to surge alongside the wicked concoction of guilt, he would have pondered the two opposing sides equally, chosen a winner, but instead a two-way tie prevailed as he scowled in uptight fascination. 

Having unfurled himself once his eyes threatened to crack, too dry to produce anymore tears, his back now lay flush save the thin cotton pressed to his skin against the towering trunk of the willow trees weaving together the canopies that blotched an already imperfect sky; but he kept his gaze as far from the stars as he could, as far from the fiery masses that taunted his disheveled stature, mocked his infidelity. There is a texture that he felt crawling about him, sending his nerves into an electric intensity. Imagination alone drifting images of weighted ants with talons and tusks crawling from the trenches of the bark that collects the rainwater and converts it into moss veins and abominations through his mind and it caused him to shiver, swat and itch at his skin until his left forearm burned from the contact. 

He needed to collect himself before he could finally rise and drag heavy feet back to the safe haven of the basement; he needed to calm. He needed a cigarette, and he didn't stop that need from quickly consuming him,  completing the ritual to let the flame in his lighter erupt, moving to retrieve the carefully wrapped nicotine only to stop the trail of his gaze when the dancing hand-held fire caught his interest. 

Instantaneously, he was immersed; pupils rapidly consuming the colour of his eyes as his focus narrowed and the hungry lust for distraction relocated to a different outlet. The way it swayed with the faint wind trasping through the overgrown brambles was the way Sam used to bob to the beat of overused pop songs.  The small heat radiating onto the delicate skin of his hand now, it felt when Sam touched him, bursting happiness in a sensational warmth. The colour akin to his hair; the energy it contained the blaze of fury that would sweep across his blunt features when anyone dared throw across the common insults towards Sebastian: "Freak", "Creep" or otherwise. Alike to the stars, to the sun, he saw Sam in the flame; but instead of sending him into spiraling sadness, he sat with a blank expression focused towards the source of light, his emotions frozen despite the feverish radiance beginning to spike on his hand. 

"Sam," he breathed, finally tearing away his vision to instead watch as the creatures he was fearing originally skittered up the pale, milky skin of his arm; with a glare, he returned to the tiny inferno all in the power of his will. The burning sensation began to heighten as he watched the flickering feud between the blue of the flame and the neon orange, the scent of butane dying away as a sulfurous odor floated through the quiet, empty air. The screams of pain Sam had let out when he first collided with the broken up asphalt ringing in his ears to break the still night as twisting lines furrowed and shrinkage performed before his very eyes.

Extinguishing the flame, a sigh pushed through his torso, past his lips, and with a simple flick the crisp corpse was booted away; his nail hitting a gash made from a disgruntled bucks antlers no doubt and collecting a droplet of watery sap. With a breathy, exhale of a laugh, it was brought to his chapped lips, soon ever so slowly licked away as Sebastian spoke with vehemence, "whatever will I be without you?".