11 THOUGHT OF YOU

네 생각 (Thought of You)존 박 (John Park)●━━━━━━─────── ⇆ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

존 박 (John Park)
●━━━━━━───────
⇆ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

•••

SEOUL

Eric's first full day in Seoul would be spent with his friends while Juyeon was at work, but his day got delayed further due to the realisation that all his friends were busy, and his best friend was in Jeju. It made him a little sad, but he later got a message from Jaehyun, who was willing to go out for safe drinks to entertain him for the day.

It was 2pm when Eric left the apartment. He was a bit tired from tidying up, and taking a break with Jaehyun was needed. He was a little shocked to find that Jaehyun managed to find another boyfriend already, but he was okay with third-wheeling for the day. The drinks were on Jaehyun, after all. He grabbed his N95 mask and scurried downstairs, since he was running a little late. Of course, he made sure he had necessary precautionary medication with him, including iron, paracetamols and his asthma pump.

Eric didn't have to walk too far from his apartment building, and in doing so, he discovered that the hospital wasn't too far from where he lived. At most, he lived two blocks away. The cafe was three blocks away, where he would meet Jaehyun.

He had, in fact, met Jaehyun through Juyeon two weeks before leaving for America. They surprisingly spoke well since they were both rather childish and wild. Before he left, he definitely considered Lee Jaehyun to be one of his closest friends, despite only knowing one another for 2 weeks in reality. They video-called often and still texted often. They hadn't fallen apart, as one would expect, but managed to keep their playful friendship alive.

Eric enjoyed the older's presence and company. Jaehyun could surprisingly offer good advice for such a good-natured person. Jaehyun was mischievous, blithe and overall just a great person to be with, and Eric enjoyed that energy, while Juyeon was rather serious — the total opposite of Jaehyun.

Eric arrived at 'Oatmello', a small cafe with very little presence. When he opened the door, however, the interior brought him a cozy warmth. The soft lo-fi music playing from the speakers around the cafe brought him relaxation immediately, along with the small props lining shelves and countertops. It was a gentle atmosphere that he could definitely get used to.

"Eric!"

He smiled brightly when Jaehyun was suddenly in front of him, pulling him into a tight hug. Eric grinned brightly, hugging the older as well. He yelped in slight pain, however, due to the scar on his upoer chest. "Ah— hyung— surgery…!"

"Oh shit, right." Jaehyun pulled away, the bright grin still adorning his features handsomely. "Wow, it's been a hot minute since I saw you in public. You've gotten more handsome! That terrible webcam on your laptop is horrible and does you no justice. How are you doing?"

"I'm doing great, just some pain here and there. My adrenaline sensitivity was apparently temporary and I'm doing great," Eric smiled brightly. "But enough about me. Where's this boyfriend of yours? I want to meet him."

"Oh," Hyunjae stuttered, his cheeks tinting red, "we don't say 'boyfriends' yet. I guess we're still getting to know one another. But come, I'll show you him." They walked to the further end of the cafe to a table near the wall. At the table sat a black-haired boy with a padded jacket on his chair. He had a slender figure and a really pretty face — Eric forgot how pretty some Korean boys could look. "Babe, this is Eric — my friend."

The boy looked up from his phone, a gentle smile forming on his expression quickly. Eric bowed politely and the boy repeated the action. "Ah, hello Eric, I'm Yoonjae, Jaehyun's… close friend."

"Hello," Eric greeted brightly to alleviate any awkwardness. He wasn't too fond of being awkward, so he tried his best to befriend the other. "Jaehyun hyung said you're older, so should I call you hyung?"

"Sure," Yoonjae nodded. The two finally sat down and Eric had time to take his backpack off. "Jaehyunnie talks often about you. You two are really close, huh?"

"Yeah, I met him through my current boyfriend," Eric smiled. "Jaehyun hyung might not seem like it, but he's great. Honestly, he is. He checks up on me often, and is a great friend in general."

Yoonjae looked at Jaehyun, his cheeks brightening a bit before he smiled shyly and looked away. Jaehyun laughed a bit, looking down at his lap shyly. Eric smiled — they definitely had feelings for one another, but they were rather reluctant about it. It was cute to the youngest, since he and Juyeon didn't really have a shy phase. They were both rather confident.

"So where did you two meet?" Eric asked, leaning on his palm thoughtfully.

"At the club," Yoonjae answered. "It's not too dramatic or cute. But it's fine, because I wouldn't have met this great guy without being careless and drunk."

"Honestly, it happened a little fast," Jaehyun began, "but that's okay. I'm glad it's with you."

Eric made a loud sound before he hit Jaehyun's arm, a laugh passing his lips. "You're making me miss Juyeon!"

"Ah, he's a hyung, show respect," Jaehyun scolded playfully.

"Yah, Lee Juyeon, Lee Juyeon, Lee Juyeon." Eric stuck his tongue out and grinned. "How's the job hunt, by the way?"

"I got accepted this morning — I start in two days," Jaehyun replied. "It's good, because I have rent due."

"Let me pay for this month," Yoonjae suggested, putting a hand on Jaehyun's. "Just to about getting kicked out, if push comes to shove. You can pay me back, but just let me do it."

Jaehyun was quiet for a moment. "We'll talk later." He then looked at Eric. "I ordered a taro milk tea for you, if that's okay. I wasn't too sure about ordering a heavily caffeinated drink."

"No, I'm good. Thanks, hyung."

Jaehyun folded his arms. "You and Juyeon are rather quiet for a couple that just reunited. I want details — all of it. And don't leave anything out!"