14 TICK TOCK

틱 탁 (Tick Tock)데이식스 (Day6)●━━━━━━─────── ⇆ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

틱 탁 (Tick Tock)
데이식스 (Day6)
●━━━━━━───────
⇆ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

•••

SEOUL

A rift grew between Jacob and Sangyeon after that day, and it wasn't anything small, like they just had some trouble complications communicating. They just had no idea what to say to one another. They worked their entire relationship towards finally getting married, and to find Jacob having a breakdown in the bathroom and telling him that he doesn't want to get married anymore somehow just broke Sangyeon.

Since then, they've been wavering between their love. There had no proper explanation, and Sangyeon didn't want to rush Jacob. He had cancelled all the preparations, but he had to know if they were still going to move to Canada. At the rate the relationship was going, he wasn't sure they would.

This particular day, he watched as Jacob did work on his MacBook while he sat in the living room. The room was silent, and Jacob had earphones in. Sangyeon felt weird around his own boyfriend (even that still felt weird to say, since they always referred to each other as fiances before) and he didn't want it to remain that way.

So this day, he wanted to change it.

Sangyeon stood up from the couch, sighing as he walked to Jacob. The slightly younger male looked at him, and he sensed that he wanted to speak, so he pulled out his earphones. "Is… something wrong?"

Sangyeon sighed, sitting down beside him at the counter. "Jacob…— Joonyoung, we… we really need to talk. Like, really. Things haven't been good the past few days, and I want to know why. What happened? Why don't you want to get married anymore? Did I do something wrong?"

Jacob looked at him for a moment before looking down. "I'm n… not ready…" Sangyeon waited patiently for Jacob to continue. "Sangyeon, I… I guess I'm not ready for marriage after all. I really, truly love you, but… not for something that strong. Yes, I love you with my entire heart, but marriage feels a bit soon."

Sangyeon was quiet for a moment before he sighed, his eyes visibly filling with tears. "I wish you would've spoken it through with me. For this whole time, I felt so distraught. I thought you no longer loved me, and you were just waiting for the right moment to just… end everything. I don't know, I'm just scared of losing you." Sangyeon thought his rambling would throw the conversation off, but Jacob responded positively.

"That would never be the case," Jacob said softly. "I thought that marriage would really set it in stone that we were in love. But as time went by, I thought… it was too soon. We're still so young. We're definitely in love, and we don't need to prove it to anyone. So let's take our time, okay? We don't owe anyone anything."

Sangyeon smiled softly, his tears still lingering slightly. "I was excited to get married, though. I was so sure that we'd be together as… husbands, not boyfriends. Well, seeing as we're only 20-something, it's kind of early too. But I'd still… like to move to Canada with you, to be able to express ourselves easily."

Jacob smiled softly. "I'm sorry for not speaking up sooner. It's just… it's not that love was difficult for me. Just trying to explain myself felt troublesome, and I know I'm usually open and honest, but it was difficult this time." Jacob put his hand on Sangyeon's fondly. "I'm sorry, love. One day, we'll get married. But not this time around. But yeah — let's move to Canada. How's your English?"

Sangyeon laughed a bit as if to deny the fact that, considering English, he wasn't doing too well. "Doing better." He wasn't, but Jacob didn't need to know that.

"We can work on that soon," Jacob smiled, sensing Sangyeon's lie immediately. "Thank God it's you. Anyone else wouldn't be this understanding. Thank you, Sangyeon, for just… existing, you know?"

Sangyeon lifted Jacob's hand and kissed it gently. "Hey, don't undermine my love for you." A sweet silence settled, and for that moment, they were just glad to be in love with one another. Those few days of awkward silence between them was resolved so easily, proving their redundantly easy communication.

It just showed that they were meant to be.

JEJU

After almost 2 months in Jeju, Sunwoo had adapted to the life of the quaint little island. He was familiar with the restaurants and cafes in their area and had gotten a new job as a trainer for juniors at a dance academy. The hours weren't the greatest — he worked from 1pm until 9pm — but with hard work, he was able to earn almost 1.5 million won a month because of how talented he was with training dancers. He was offered to become an actual choreographer at this certain academy but he'd rather work his way to improving his own skills and consider working full time.

Haknyeon was more than proud of his boyfriend. The life in Jeju treated them well, and they adapted quite well. Their life was easy, but only due to their hard work. As a result, they usually only spent time together in the evening, but that was okay. Sometimes, Haknyeon would visit Sunwoo at the studio — it had become an often, so the security guards were familiar with his face.

Sunwoo was already making an amazing living at the age of 19, something a lot of people couldn't achieve. He was grateful, and couldn't ask for a better life. He only wished he could tell Haknyeon the permanent position he was offered as a producer and composer at the academy (since they found out he has additional talents considering music) — he would've been less than hesitant if the position wasn't located in another part of Korea altogether. They worked so hard on getting to Jeju Island, and it would get pulled away so quickly.

But he wouldn't let that happen. He loved Haknyeon too much to abandon their life together. Sunwoo was determined to stay with Haknyeon forever — even if it meant abandoning a dream.