Chapter Fourteen

(mentions of blood, hunting, etc.)

Lexa's POV

After school, we plan a bit for the party we decided on hosting. Though, by we, I mostly mean just me. Anya and Luna spend most of the time talking about each of the friends that we made earlier that day and trying to narrow down whom their other mate is.

I come up with a general idea and what we would need to buy. Catching a quick glimpse at my watch, I see that it was five o'clock. Clarke had gone out on a walk, and I decide that tonight would be our hunting night. I could tell that Luna was a bit agitated. After all, she was the newest vampire, and it can be a bit hard living with a human.

"Do you want to go hunting?" I ask my vampire roommates.

"Please," Luna answers.

We grab our jackets and head out the back door. I leave a note telling Clarke that we went out for a bit, and that there was more pasta from the last night. Once we go outside, we head towards the forest. When we hit the treeline, we broke into a run; our vampire instincts surfacing.

After a couple minutes, we catch a scent of a deer in the distance. We refuse to drink any human blood, it feels wrong considering we were once human. A couple of times a week we would go hunting in the forest for fresh animal blood. Without the drinking of any type of blood for a long period of time, we would gradually grow weaker until we cease to exist completely.

Following the scent, we catch the deer out in the open in a clearing. Anya, being the fastest, is the first to attack. Catching sight of the blood, my fangs become more pronounced. As I am about to sink my fangs into the animal, I hear a voice, singing, not to far away. The voice of my soul mate. Clarke was approaching.

"You two be quiet, I'll draw her away," I say in a whisper, even though she probably couldn't hear me.

They nod, and I step out of the bushes. I retract my fangs just as Clarke turns around the corner. She smiles when she sees me, and I return it immediately. Clarke removes her ear buds and pauses her music.

"Lexa, fancy seeing you here," Clarke says, surprised.

"Yeah, well I finished planning the party so I thought I'd go for a walk. I could hear you singing; what song were you listening to? You sounded amazing," I respond.

"Bloodshot by Sam Tinnesz. Raven recommended it to me, and while it's not something I would usually listen to, it's a pretty good song." Clarke mentions. "I'm just about to head back, do you want to come with me?"

"Of course, sounds like fun," I exclaim, in which Clarke hands me one of her ear buds. I put it in my ear, and she clicks play.

The next song comes on, and the lyrics filter through the device. It was super catchy, and it easily became one of my favourites.

"This is my favourite song!" Clarke cries out, and I smile at how cute she is when she's excited.

"I'm really liking it; what's it called?" I ask her.

"Carnival Hearts by Kayla Diamond. I'll have to show you the music video; it's amazing." Clarke says excitedly about the song as we make our way back to the house.

As we head up the front walk, Clarke's mother Abigail comes running out to us.

"Clarke honey, I'm so sorry for what I did. I wanted to be able to fully support you, and I learned about bisexuality. I wanted you to feel safe at home, and I did the exact opposite. I promise I've changed, and I'd like to show you something." She calls out, out of breath.

"Okay mom, I'll give you a second chance," Clarke replies, a bit hesitantly.

She gestures for us to follow us as she walks back over to the Griffin household. On the front door, there is now a pride flag. I glance over at Clarke, and see that she is more relaxed.

Abigail opens the door, and leads us inside. She heads up the stairs, and stops in front of what I could assume is Clarke's room. Clarke opens the door, and she gasps at the sight . "You put up a bi flag! Posters of my favorite TV shows!" Clarke exclaims.

Abby responded by shutting the door, in which there was one final poster on the back.

"You got one of Elliot Page's coming out speech! How did you know how much that video meant to me?" Clarke questions.

"I put the pieces together." Abigail replies, laughing a bit at Clarke's enthusiasm.

"This is why you wanted me to leave for a bit? To plan a coming out surprise?" She asks.

"Yes, after Finn visited me, I started thinking. It wasn't fair that he outed you to me, and I wanted to at least try to make it up to you. I also made this more of a hetero normative household, and I wanted you to feel more comfortable being yourself." Abigail explains.

"Thanks mom! It makes me feel so much better to know that you support me. I'll pack my things then." Clarke smiles.

Clarke and I walked back to my place.

"Thank you Lexa. For everything. You are the best," She gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

A/N: Hey, sorry it's been so long since I last updated. I've been stuck on a chapter for a while and can't seem to figure out how to end it.

On a side note, Happy New Year! Hopefully 2021 will be less eventful than 2020.

Today actually marks a year for Wounded Heart; Lonely Soul. I thought that it would only be fitting if I finally released my personal favourite chapter. Thank you to everyone who has contributed in some way to the creation of this story. Whether it's voting, saving, commenting, or reading, it all means a lot to me. Thanks again.