Chapter Six

Oliver's POV - Monday, October 13

The weekend ended without any other excitement and school was almost over for today. Kadian said he'd drive me home today and hang out at my place for a while and my mom said she had no problems with that. She also said we may have a guest over later but I didn't bother to ask who. It was probably one of her new friends or something and they'd be out in her garden the whole time. I was currently siting in my last class listening to the teacher drone on about the reading that they were supposed to have finished up on Friday. I say they since I already read it, both in braille and listened to the audio recording of it. I was the only one who had apparently actually done the reading and I'm blind and went through the reading twice. I yawned just as I heard the bell go off and mentally cheered. Thank you bell for freeing me finally. I got up and gathered my things, hearing most the class leave the room.

"Ready Oli?" I heard Kadian call from the door and nodded.

"Yep, let's go." I said as I made my way over to him. He took my hand in his and we walked out of the school.

"Later guys!" I heard Sammy call from across the lot. I rolled my eyes and waved in his direction before Kadian helped my into his car. The car ride to my house was spent in comfortable silence. When we reached my house, he told me not to get out and I just chuckled. He opened my door a minute later and I felt his hand grab mine before helping me out. He knew I could do this all on my own but he liked to do it so I let him.

"Hey mom. I'm home. Kadian's with me. Going up to my room." I call as we enter the house before I start heading for the stairs to my room.

"Our guest will be here in about twenty minutes dear." She called out.

"Alright." I responded before leading Kadian up to my room.

"So who's this guest you are expecting?"

"Don't know. I think one of mom's new friends, probably a gardening buddy or something. I'll go say hi and smile before they disappear out to mom's garden." I answered with a shrug as I tossed my bag over to a it's corner near the door. I heard the creak of my desk chair and made my way to my bed.

"Ah, that's good for her then." He said and i shrugged.

"So what exactly did you want to do? Obviously video games are out and I'm not a huge fan of movies. And before you say anything, I don't want mom to walk in and wonder why I'm suddenly playing the few games I have or watching a movie when I don't normally because I can't see." I knew he was going to suggest sharing his sight with me but at my house, I didn't want to chance anything. I heard him sigh.

"Alright then......we could...um...get a snack?" He suggested and I laughed.

"Alright, I think we have those flavor-blasted goldfish things. Come on." I say and get up. I understand that there isn't much to do at my house, part of the reason I've never had my few friends before now over. I heard him following behind me as we made our way into the kitchen. I heard mom over by the sink, doing dishes."Mom? Do we still have the goldfishes?" I asked and hear her hum in thought.

"I think so. Middle shelf in the back if we do." She said so I made my way over to the pantry and opened it, reaching for the middle shelf and the back. I felt the familiar box and pulled them out.

"Awesome. We just going to eat them from the box or get bowls or something?" Before I could answer my mom replied.

"Just go ahead and eat from the box. It should be almost empty anyways." I shrugged and led Kadian into the living room to plop on the couch. I heard the TV click on and rolled my eyes. He put on Nickelodeon before shoving his hand in the box to grab a handful of goldfish.