Chapter 8: The Final Battle... For Now

A/N: Hi again! Just wanted to let you know a couple things about the collages above (Left is her bedroom on the helicarrier and right is her outfit and other things). So the picture of the blue fire, green fog stuff, and the hands with the water are examples of her powers and then her bow and arrows she will make during the fight with ice. The picture in the bottom right corner is of the katanas that I mentioned earlier (I think) and I know that they are the ones that Zuko uses in the Avatar show but it was the best example of what I was thinking of. I think the rest of the pictures are pretty self explanatory, so I would just like to thank you all again for reading and I'll let you get to the actual story now. Peace;)

May 2012

Nat leaned against the wall of the recovery room while I sat on the edge of my Dad's bed. He was strapped down as a precaution and was currently unconscious but he was going to wake up any second now.

And at that moment his eyes shot open and he began to shake his head and he strained against the leather cuffs. He looked confused and scared and he was drenched in sweat, "Dad, you're gonna be alright."

"You know that?" He chuckled, "Is that what you know?" He hung his head back as Natasha moved into the small chair and I walked over to the nightstand to get him some water. "I've got no window. I have to flush him out."

"You got to level out, it's going to take time." Nat's voice was even and calm, but I knew that she was happy to have him back.

"You don't understand. Have you ever had someone take your brain and play? Pull you out and stuff something else in?" He looked up at the two of us, "Do you know what it's like to be unmade?"

There was a moment of silence as my Aunt and I locked eyes before I spoke again, my voice barely above a raspy whisper, "You know that we do."

He sat up as much as possible and sighed, "Why am I back? How'd you get him out?"

"Cognitive recalibration." Natasha and I moved to the edge of the bed again.

After we sat a small smile played on her lips, "I hit you really hard on the head."

I snorted, "More like a pole!"

I laughed at my lame joke as my dad thanked us. Natasha leaned over and began to undo the cuffs, but her actions ceased when my dad spoke again, "Girls. How many agents did I-"

"Don't. Don't do that to yourself Clint." I knew what my dad was feeling and I knew that Nat was right. He shouldn't think like that, especially not when we still have to complete our mission. "This is Loki. This is monsters and magic, and nothing we were ever trained for."

"Loki, did he get away?" Right then and there I stood up and left the room, I couldn't take the tense environment anymore and I needed to suit up and get going. I needed to stop this.

TIME SKIP

I layed on my couch in my suit trying to think of a plan, and so far I was miserably failing. But my thoughts were interrupted when an out of breath Steve bursted into my room and made me fall off the couch, "Meet us in the hangar in 10 minutes."

After he ran back out of the room, I stood up from the floor and threw on my boots before running outside and onto a plane. A few minutes later my dad, Nat, Steve, and Tony arrived. Tony flew off but the other three boarded as I got the jet up and running. Natasha and my dad took my seat up front and we flew in silence until we reached the city. We saw Loki and Thor fighting on the tower where Selvig was and I alerted Stark of our presence, "Tony, we're heading North-East."

"What? You stop for drive-thru? Swing upto Park, I'm gonna lay 'em out for you." Seconds later, we saw Tony fly around a building and in front of us. Natasha lowered the machine gun and took out the Chitauri that had followed Stark to us.