1. Newcomer

Emilia's point of view

I was waiting for Robyn in front of the high school with Luke and Michael, while I smoked a cigarette. My best friend arrived a few minutes before classes started.

"Emi!" she exclaimed as she saw me.

She took me in her arms, all smiles. When she let go of me, she hugged the boys and then, started jumping around.

"You know what day it is, don't you?" she asked us.

"The last day of school before the spring breaks," Luke replied.

"And...?" she continued.

"And that's cool because we're not going to have classes for two weeks," Michael said.

"And I'm going to be able to do nothing during this break," I added.

"Yes, but no!" Robyn exclaimed, a little bit annoyed.

The three of us look at each other and we started laughing.

"It's okay, we know that Calum is coming today," Luke said, putting an arm around my friend's shoulders. "We're just doing this to annoy you!"

She rolled her eyes and folded her arms.

"Well, that wasn't funny!"

Luke sighed and the bell rang, making us all sighed together. I put my cigarette on the ground and then we would slowly make our way to class. We would sit, as usual, as the back of the room and talk quietly while the teacher was doing class. As he was explaining things, which we were not listening to, someone knocked at the door. The teacher was about to open the door and then the principal entered the room, followed by a new student.

There was a silence before the teacher told the boy to go and sit at the table next to us in the next row. I looked at the boy with curly hair and hazel eyes. He had a certain charm and he was rather handsome but there was something wrong with him. I did not know what to think about him, but that did not indicate anything good. I could feel his soul was not normal.

"Hey, Emi? Are you listening to me?" I heard Michael.

"Oh, yeah, excuse me, Mike"

"Don't worry, it's okay. Can we get back to our discussion?"

I nodded and we continued talking until the end of the class while I was not paying attention to the new student anymore. The rest of the day went by quickly, well not enough for Robyn who was excited to see Calum again. We had just come out of the school and I was talking with my friend while the boys were just behind us, when she run. I was guessing that our Australian friend had come to pick us up.

I was not mistaken, he was there, hugging Robyn, who had jumped on him, like every time we would find him before the holidays. Calum let go of my friend and he kissed her forehead before turning to us, a big smile on his face. He took me in his arms before doing the same thing with Luke and Mike.

"It's good to see you again, man!" Luke exclaimed.

"I agree! I missed you all!" Calum replied, smiling.

He put an arm around my friend's shoulder and she smiled. We were talking outside the high school and at a moment, I noticed Calum was looking at something – or someone – a little further away.