suck it up.

[eddie's pov]

"okay, listen up. last couple times we were here, mistakes were made." bobby told us as we followed him to a grocery store. "that is not gonna happen again. that's why i am pairing you up on your assignments. eddie, lena, you are on meats and deli. nothing leaner than 92%. hen, chimney, baking aisle. unrefined flour this time.

"once you have everything on this list, we will reconvene at the dairy case. let's move!"

lena and i were buying the meat as we heard the others talking to someone. we joined them to see it was buck, wonder what the asshole wants to say now.

"woah, uh. hey you guys, what's up?" he was met with dead stares instead of a response. "listen, i... i came here to apologize. okay, i- i never meant for things to get so out of hand with the lawsuit and..."

"yeah? what'd you think was gonna happen? the lawsuit's bad enough, but you told your lawyer everything about us.. personal things." i kept my cool, not wanting to go feral on him. not in front of people, at least.

"you're supposed to be truthful with your lawyer," buck defended himself. "why are you so pissed at me?"

"because you're exhausting. we all have our own problems, but you don't see us whining about it." i stepped past my shopping cart and moved closer to buck. "no, somehow, we just manage to suck it up. why can't you?"

"that's kinda harsh, it's not like the guy asked to be crushed by a ladder truck," chimney chimed in.

"no, but he filed a stupid lawsuit and now i can't talk to you because of it."

i felt my face get red hot, wanting to spout all the reasons why i'm pissed at him. he had the audacity to think we'd be on his side, when his only concern is a job. i'm juggling a kid, a dead wife, and now a lawsuit. thanks to him.

i pushed past him, making my way down the aisle to the restrooms.

"hey, ed- eddie!" i heard buck's footsteps follow behind me. i huffed before picking up speed, only with the annoying prick to do the same.

i grabbed the handle of the bathroom door and slipped inside. ready to lock and shut it, but buck stuck his hand through just before i could.

"eddie, please." i let go with my back turned to him, knowing that continuing to struggle would lead to someone getting hurt.

he closed and locked the door behind him. "now can you let me explain myself?"

i heard him approach me, but i still didn't face him. he laid his hand on my shoulder and i whipped around instantly. we were face to face, i furrowed my brow as i racked my brain thinking of what to tell him. but nothing came.

"...eddie?" with that i shoved buck against the tile wall, his hands flying up.

i scrunched the top of his shirt into my fist. the other hanging by my side, moving up to cup his cheek as i kissed him roughly.

i heard buck moan, not knowing whether it was out of surprise or pleasure, but it got me hard. i broke the kiss, scared that i broke a boundary but mainly still pissed. buck's eyes wandered down to my lips so i crashed them onto his again.
he started pulling my shirt over my head and i did the same. still not breaking contact, i began unbuckling my belt.