cocky.

[buck's pov]

a yawn escaped my lips as i shut my car door. i heard the sound of someone pulling up behind me, squinting my eyes to get a better look at the driver. eddie.

"whoo.. nice truck," i plastered on a smile, ready to forgive and forget. i got cole now, right? "is it a rental?"

"look buck-"

"hey, don't worry about it. you rejected me fair and square," i pat his shoulder. "now tell me about this beauty."

i scanned the hallway i was walking down, the walls a plain beige and the carpet deep blue. i counted off the room numbers as i went.

i neared the end of the hall, skeptical that i was even on the right floor. "..was it 209 or 309...?"

i turned my head around, looking at how far i'd have to walk back. good thing i'm the strong one and not the smart one in the 118, cause it seems i can barely count.

i dragged my feet in embarrassment, should i even trust cole? i knew him for a good hour before getting drunk and hopping in his car. he could've been a murderer or..

"buck?" i heard a door creak open as i whipped my head around so quick it nearly snapped off.

"heyyy cole.." i leaned against the wall to look less awkward, my mind went blank as i felt his stare burning a hole through me. "uhm, i came to get my phone?"

"oh yeah, come in," he smiled at me,
moving aside to let me in. "didn't think you'd go without your phone for so long.. 24 whole hours?"

"uh yeah, sorry for not coming sooner," i chuckled as i saw ash dart in and play with my shoestring. "my shift was pretty crazy, a lady ran a dude over and didn't even know it. his body was jammed in her window for day before..."

"..i'm starting to think you came for my cat instead of me," cole said with a raised brow, giving my phone in his hand a little shake.

i didn't even realize that i had picked ash up and was scratching behind his ears. i balanced ash on my arm as i pocketed my phone. "oh, shoot.. how was your day, by the way?"

"better now that you're back," cole bit his lip at me, looking me up and down. "i would ask you to stay a little longer, but it's almost time for my shift.."

"yeah, i'd love to, i'm meeting my team for drinks in ten though.." i checked my watch. "..was sorta hoping we'd finish what happened yesterday..."

"not even gonna take me out to dinner first?" cole acted shocked as he playfully strutted closer.

"..i see dinner right in front of me," my eyes scanned his muscular body as i grabbed his hips, pulling him closer to my chest. i glided my head down, sinking my teeth into his neck, causing a moan to escape his lips.

"not in front of ash.." he gasped as i bit down harder, causing him to tug on my hair. "w-what about your friends..."

"they can wait," i trailed my tongue higher, leaving a peck on his jaw. "call in sick.. and i might let you suck me off."

"oh, so cocky..."

he crouched and swiftly grabbed my thighs, lifting me up and slinging me over his shoulder.