eight - the queen of belleville

Everything goes smoothly and Friday at 11:03 Donna Way, Queen of Belleville, boards the pirate ship accompanied by the two ferry pirates.

Gerard had been anxious for the past two and a half hours, ever since the small boat had left at 8:45 to pick up his mom. Frank had to kiss him multiple times just to get him to stop shaking and bouncing up and down, "Calm down sweetheart."

When the queen finally arrived, everybody was up on deck. Ray was holding hands with Christa. Lindsey was holding on to Jamia protectively. Pete and Mikey were standing next to Gerard and Frank, all of them being careful not to show affection. They had agreed to tell Donna later.

The group wasn't exactly a pretty sight to see, most hadn't bathed in over a month, and almost all of the princesses had followed Lindsey's lead and were wearing pirate clothing instead of their frilly gowns. Donna didn't seem to mind though and immediately ran over to hug her sons. Mikey smiled at Gerard over his mother's shoulder, both of them had desperately missed their mother and were enjoying the attention she was giving each of them.

After probably fifteen minutes of the queen cooing over the two princes and everyone else just standing there awkwardly, Donna finally backed away from the brothers and looked around, "Who's the leader here?"

Frank stepped forward, his obviously rehearsed bow eliciting a light chuckle from Gerard's mother, "A pleasure to meet you."

Donna chuckled again, "A pleasure to meet you too, no need for formalities though, I get enough of those back at home." Gerard flinched slightly at the word 'home', his mother didn't notice, but Frank did and he laid a comforting hand on Gerard's lower back.

Donna and Frank seemed to get along well enough. The tour went well and eventually everybody ended up sitting and eating lunch together. If Donna thought it was weird that Gerard and Mikey ended up sitting in pirate's laps, she didn't show it. Armstrong even scooted over to make room for her, something Gerard had previously thought him incapable of doing under any circumstances. 

The tension that had first gathered like fog around the ship earlier that day had since dissipated when it became clear that Donna was willing to listen to everyone's opinions.

After lunch, everyone was mingling once more, seemingly in a joyous mood and Gerard pulled his mother and Frank off to the side of the ship. Gerard felt nerves jumping in the pit of his stomach and weakly smiled at the two, making eye contact with Frank, silently urging him to help break the tension.

"Well, boys, are you together?" Donna finally spoke, becoming impatient. Gerard turned tomato red and Frank pecked his cheek in response.

"Yep," Frank announced with what could have passed as confidence, had Gerard not been so observant of the pirate's nervous ticks. It fooled Donna well enough though and she smiled warmly.

"What about Mikey and," she paused, trying to remember Pete's name, "the one with all the eyeliner."

Gerard let out a light chuckle, "Pete, and yeah."

"So what did you want to tell me? I'm assuming you dragged me over here to tell me something more than that you two are f*cking."

Gerard turned to stone in Frank's arms. "Shh, sweetheart, it's okay, it doesn't matter to me, you have nothing to be ashamed of, nothing to worry about, you're my everything," Frank whispered under his breath, too quiet for the queen to hear. God, Gerard loved him. "Yeah, actually, Gerard wanted to tell you that he's so much happier on the pirate ship than he ever has been back at the kingdom."

The queen nodded but Gerard noticed that tears were shining behind her eyes. "Okay, does everyone else feel this way too?"

"We all talked yesterday, you can ask them if you'd like." Frank says gently, "we'd love for you to visit more often. This was just to wrap up loose ends."

Probably three hours later, the whole deck was wrapped around Donna in a giant hug, everyone smiling and close to tears. It was time for the queen to head back home.

"You guys really are adorable together," the queen smiled, "my doors are always open if you ever decide to visit,"

--

Two days later - Gerard and Frank exchanged "I love you's" for the first time

One month later - Frank proposed

Five months later - They made a trip back to Belleville for Frank and Gerard to get married with Donna and the whole ship present

Eight months later - Lindey and Jamia got married in secret late at night, not officially, they declared that they didn't need an official wedding in order to be married, and told the whole ship at breakfast

Nine months later - Ray proposed to Christa

One year later - Mikey proposed to Pete and they had a joint wedding with Ray and Christa the same week back in Belleville

A/N: See look, you guys got your HEA, I don't feel confident enough in my writing to do anything else, cause when you read a poorly written story and then it has a sad ending you like the story even less... hahaha. Anyways, thanks for reading (thnks fr rdng)! Love you all!