Chapter 18

Frank’s POV

For the last couple days I had with Gerard he insisted we stay at my house so I could get used to staying there until he got home. He offered to let me stay at his house but I knew mine much better, and even though it wasn't nearly as nice as Gerard's, it was where I felt the most comfortable to be alone in.

There, we did practically nothing but sleep. I loved sleeping next to Gerard, he would curl his body against mine and everything felt so perfect. I liked sleeping on top of him too, with my head pressed against his chest so that I could feel his heartbeat swell in my ear.

On the final night I had with Gerard, we decided to go out. We had dinner at a place in downtown and saw a late night movie. After the movie, we sat on the curb of the side of the theater, my head resting on his shoulder as always.

“I’m going to really miss you while you’re away,” I whispered into the icy, midnight air.

“I’m going to miss you more,” Gerard solemnly laughed. “Everyone’s going to be so sad, and for an entire week.”

“Yeah, I guess I shouldn’t be complaining.” I rubbed his hand with my fingers.

“I bet it will suck being by yourself too,” he wrapped his arm around me, kissing my forehead softly.

“Hey, you missed my mouth!” I teased, pulling his head closer to mine.

“Oh did I? I thought your lips were above your eyes, I’m sorry.” Gerard snickered sarcastically, before shutting his eyes.

I pressed my face against his, kissing his lips. I leaned in closer, wrapping my arms around him. I could feel his tongue push against my teeth as he deepened the kiss.

He pulled away, smiling down at me. “We should uh, head home.”

“Okay,” I smiled back at him.

Gerard and I took the bus back to my place, and as soon as I shut the door behind me he picked me up and carried me to my room, kissing me the entire way. He laid me on the bed and looked at me for a moment, smiling into my eyes.

Gerard leaned over me, pressing his lips firmly against mine. He ran his tongue across my teeth, running his hand down my torso. He pulled away for a second, his eyes curled in a tired smile.

"Is this going too fast?" He whispered.

“No,” I smiled and shook my head.

"Okay," he smiled back at me as he took off his shirt and then mine. He kissed my neck, trailing his mouth down to my chest, followed by my stomach and lower abdomen before taking off my pants.

Gerard took off his and laid on top of me, kissing me softly. "Frank," he whispered inches from my face. "I love you, so much."

"I love you too Gerard," I pulled him in tighter, giving his neck small kisses. "I want you, I want to feel you."

Gerard smiled and pulled the blankets over us.

I felt so close to Gerard in that moment. There was nothing I was hiding from him, no inch of me that he hasn't seen. His entire warm body was pushed against me, and I never felt safer. My heart was racing and my mind was calm. I let out a small moan as Gerard finished and laid down beside me.

"Are you still doing okay?" Gerard whispered into my ear as he curled against my back, running his fingers up and down my bare side.

I turned over to face him. "Yeah." I smiled, closing my eyes, before pressing my face to his. "Protect me forever," I scooted closer. "I don't ever want to be alone again."

"I promise, I'm going to protect you forever or I'll die trying." Gerard wrapped his arms around me. I nuzzled my nose into his neck and drifted into a deep sleep, the last I would have with him before he left.

The next morning I woke up with my naked body still curled against Gerard's.

"Good morning cutie," he yawned as he rolled over and wrapped his arms around me.

"Morning Gee," I looked up at his beautiful, sleepy face.

"I have to leave soon to catch my flight…"

"I'm gonna go with you to the airport." I sat up, running my fingers through my hair.

"What? Frank, no," Gerard sat up next to me. "You're going to have to take the bus back by yourself."

"So?"

"So, aren't you scared?" Gerard looked at me perplexed.

"I'm not scared anymore, Gerard." I leaned against him. "You've shown me I don’t have to worry about people."

"Okay…" Gerard got out of bed, putting on his sweats. "If you're sure you'll be okay."

I nodded my head and followed Gerard to the kitchen to make coffee.

We got dressed and headed to Gerard's apartment where he picked up his bags.

"Ready?" He looked at me as he opened the front door. I nodded and followed him to the bus stop.

~