MELODY 28

┏ 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚒𝚖 ┐

Adam's brokenhearted look flashed into his mind once more for the umpteenth time as he stared at his phone. It had been a few days since he found out that Tay had been the reason for the look on his friend's face. And the pink-haired man had done his best to act like that night had been a fluke. As if he hadn't gotten his heart crushed into pieces. 

Clenching tight on his phone, a suffering sigh escaped his lips at the list sent in by Adam with a 'Pretty please? All my team members are useless and we need these materials for the festival'. 

Useless was one way to say it. It wasn't even his job to get these things! But because he didn't want to worry Adam and put more pressure on his plate, he agreed. Adam owed him another meal. 

He shoved the device in his jacket's pocket, walking out of the campus to catch a ride. Most likely the bus at a nearby bus stop. He scrunched his nose as the smell of smoke wafted into the air. Glancing over his shoulders, he noted there were a few students behind him, smoking.

It was then his eyes landed on a familiar head of grey hair. Jackson was fiddling with a navy blue vape, placing the thing into his mouth as he played with his phone. He stared at him for a second, taking in how he looked. He didn't know that Jackson smoked and he found himself frowning at that thought. Tilting his head to the side, he was tempted to walk up to him and snatch the device away from those fingers.

As if his thought had translated into some kind of mind beam, Jackson looked up from his phone and at his direction. Bryan's breath hitched in his throat when dark eyes met his. For a few seconds, they stared at each other. The shorter male wondered what he should do. Turning around and ignoring Jackson seemed rude. He paused before he awkwardly waved at the taller man. Almost as if that had been some kind of a signal, Jackson stood up and walked to where he was.

His heart skipped a beat when the man stood in front of him.

"You smoke," Bryan said, the words slipped out of his mouth without him meaning to.

Jackson glanced at the vape. "It's a vape."

"It's still smoking," Bryan said.

The taller man searched his face before he pocketed his vape, sighing. Bryan stood next to him, both remained silent.

"You don't like smoking, then?" Jackson's voice was quiet, almost drowned by a loud vehicle that passed by them.

Bryan shook his head. "It's not good for you."

The guitarist hummed before he nodded, not making a move to continue that line of conversation. "Why are you here?" he asked, instead.

Not commenting on the change of subject, he said, "I need to get some things for the festival." He found some profound courage to nudge Jackson with his shoulder. "For the one you'll be performing in."

"Ah," Jackson said before he quietened for a few seconds. "Are you waiting for a ride then?"

"Yeah," Brian said. "About to head to the nearest bus stop."

Jackson stood up straight then before he faced Bryan. "Do you want me to give you a ride?"

Startled at the offer, Bryan shook his head, nervousness bubbled in him at that. The thought of having to sit in a closed space with the very man that he liked was... a lot to take in. Hoping his face wasn't red from the thought, he opened his mouth to deny the it.