MELODY 37

┏ 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚏 𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜? ┐

Sasha sighed as they walked out of the building. Frustration bubbled within him at the last minute preparation they were forced to do. Why hadn't the student council tell them these details when they asked before?

They hadn't mentioned anything about sending band members' details for an approval so the members were allowed into campus. He understood it was to increase safety on campus from third party guests— but they hadn't said anything about it before. This was additional stress that Bryan didn't want to deal with.

"I can't believe they just asked us to do that," Bryan grumbled as he pulled out his phone from his jean's back pocket, ready to text Adam about the latest development. "The festival's in two day's time."

"At least we know now what to do," Sasha said though her voice was as sour as his. "Do you have all the members' names? The faster we gather these information, the faster we can hand it over to council."

"I think I do." Bryan sent Adam a long message about the information on the band members' they needed to get, adding a few extra exclamation marks at the end out of frustration. "I need to check. I'll try to have the document containing their information by tomorrow."

Sasha nodded before she patted his shoulder. "Let's divide the task. We have eight bands performing. We'll divide it half."

Bryan sighed in relief, nodding. He was about to open his mouth when he heard someone calling his name. Turning his attention to ahead of him, his heart almost skipped a beat when he saw Jackson walking up to him, his guitar case over his back. From the corner of his eyes, he noted that Sasha had stood straighter. Shifting his weight from one foot to the other, he gave the taller man a smile.

"Jackson," Sasha said, nodding.

Jackson glanced at her before he gave her a wave. He then turned his attention back at Bryan. "Are you done with the meeting?"

"Yeah," Bryan said before he paused. Fuck. They were supposed to head out tonight. While he wanted to, he didn't think he could afford it. Not when they had this to do. Just as he was about to let Jackson down, his phone rang, startling him. Realising it was Adam, he answered it without hesitation. "Adam."

"They want a list of members?" His friend's voice resonated in tiredness. "They asked for the list now?"

"Yeah," Bryan said, briefly glancing at Jackson before he dropped his gaze to his feet. "I have to compile them. Sasha's helping with me on that. But I don't know if I have all of the information."

"For fuck's sake," Adam said, sighing. "I'll email you all the members' names. What a mess. Bryan shrugged, rubbing the back of his neck. There was a brief moment of silence before Adam said, "Do you have the drive containing of the event plans and layout?"

"No." Bryan wracked his mind about the plan but as far as he was concerned, he hadn't dealt with the festival layout. His job had been to send emails to bands and that was it. That was all he had been promised to do since he agreed to be their temporary secretary. "You know I don't."

"They probably would also ask that," Adam said. "Come get it from me. I'll have it ready."

An exasperated sigh escaped his lips before he nodded, ending the call. Sasha nudged his shoulder, her eyes questioning him. A little upset that his plan to hang out with Jackson for the night was thwarted, he relayed what Adam asked of him to her. Her lips thinned.

"Do you need a ride to his place?" Jackson asked, catching his attention.

Bryan searched the guitarist's face for a few seconds, noting the slightly tensed shoulders and the straighter than usual posture. Feeling a little bad, he shook his head.