Chapter-7

Parth's Pov

I place a coke and a burger on the tray as I search for an empty sitting space in the otherwise packed cafeteria. Krish being late,Emma being agitated for no apparent reason,our usual spot—that table laid empty.

I could have sat there easily and eaten in seclusion,which I usually preferred but something caught up my attention. Something so unusual.

I marched towards the table against which Veer sat alone,his hands clasped together,head bowed down and his eyes disinterestedly looking at the coke on his table. A part of me guessed the reason of his shriveled composure and although I shouldn't have cared but hell I did!

He was and will always be my friend even if he failed to acknowledge it.

He looked up guessing my presence.

"You?"

"You look sad!"

He replied with a sad smile shaking his head lightly " Zaira's sister has forced her to stop talking with me"

He closed his eyes letting out a sad sigh. Yet it was so vivid,the love he had for her.

Instinctively my hand reach for his as I press it tighter. I saw Krish striding inside. He saw the two of us and yielded a questioning glance.

"Hey Krish..join us" I call out to erase the confusion and surprisingly he steps forward and lands his backpack on the table.

"Is everything okay?" He asked.

"Zaira's sister is against their relationship" I mumbled.

"That damn Zakira" Krish gritted his teeth "Who does she think she is?"

"I'm sure we are gonna find a damn solution for that Veer" I said placing my hand on his "No matter what,remember that you will always have our back"

"Yes exactly" Krish uttered. Veer let out a sad sigh as he smiled "Thank you so much guys"

"Krish!" Adya slammed the table as she stormed in the cafeteria. She was purposely avoiding my gaze. I resisted my temptation and looked away from her. I did not want my friends to catch me gawking at her.

"Whats it Adya?" Krish asked.

"Whats with Emma! Is she still mad at me?"  She said sitting on the empty chair.

"Why would she be mad at you? I thought you too were like best of friends" Veer asked.

Adya turned to him. "Sorry I did not notice you. Hi Veer"

Veer mouthed hello to her. She was still avoiding my gaze.

"I think you have not noticed Parth as well" Krish nudged. I could see her face flushing;she had no idea how her rose-blossom skin radiated when she did that. I couldn't believe that my name could have that much impact on her.

"And why is Emma ignoring you anyway?" Veer asked.

"Because of me" I find myself blurting out astonishing the boys. Adya, finally holding my stare in bewilderment also averts her gaze down.

"Adya and I" I sighed as though speaking the truth would be like so much of a burden. I was sure that Krish would be mad at me for hiding the matter. "We shared a moment together in the newsroom and Emma saw us. God knows why she had been acting strangely from then"

"Wait...did you two just..?" Krish nudged. I nodded.

"Holy heavens. You and Adya?"

"It was just a kiss Krish" Adya spoke" Moreover I feel guilty since Emma wanted me to ask Parth out on her behalf. She wanted a date with him"