seven

jisung's smile had yet to fade ever since chenle agreed to go to china

jisung's smile had yet to fade ever since chenle agreed to go to china. the elder pointed it out and questioned it, of course, and he would simply reply that he was "just in a good mood" and nothing more. he refrained from making comments about the pure excitement of starting a new life with his best friend, about his ongoing crush, and about using tonight as an opportunity to get completely wasted.

it's a little after eight pm when they arrive at the hotel and club. as the car turned off, jisung could feel the music inside boom so loud his vehicle shook—but that could very well also be his frenzied heart. chenle takes note of this and holds onto jisung's forearm reassuringly.

"we don't have to do this, jisung."

"i know."

he steps out of the vehicle, chenle following suit. they take some time to enjoy the moment walking together, reminding them of the times they would walk to school and to the video store until that came to a dramatic pause after chenle's gas leak accident. jisung feels happy that they can walk comfortably alongside each other again.

as if the peaceful moment couldn't get better, he feels chenle's small hand grab his own. the sudden action causes him to tense a bit, but once he realizes what's really happening, he relaxes with a blush. they used to hold hands all the time—as friends would do—so this occasion isn't any different though he notices every little detail.

chenle's hand fits inside his own like a puzzle piece. his hands are soft and delicate—perhaps the prettiest jisung has ever seen. they're plush, not too veiny, with clean nails and slender fingers. they're dreamlike—everything about this situation is dreamlike. it's all too ethereal.

"you ready?" the elder asks as his free hand wraps around the door handle, waiting his best friend's answer. he opens it when he receives a quick nod, though all jisung wants to do is continue walking and holding his soft hand.

automatically, jisung had sensory overload. the stench of alcohol and smoke make the entire area completely repulsive. music blares over the loud speakers and guests scream along the lyrics, grinding up on each other, pouring drinks into each other's mouths. he feels the sudden urge to vomit but swallows it down as he focuses on chenle again.

"let's get a drink." the elder suggests, noticing jisung's tense state. "i'm gonna haggle with the deejay for a bit. can you order me a mai tai?"

chenle scurries off before jisung can reply. he should be worried, knowing that chenle is a handsome boy and these club attendees look like sex-hungry old men. but the club isn't that big. if there's a problem, he'd know.

he approaches the bar tender, bearing a small smile as she looks over at him. "what can i get for you, dear?" she asks.

"a mai tai, and a bottle of soju please."

"soju...with two glasses?"

jisung nods and takes an empty seat, placing a hand down on the one next to him to save for chenle. he pays the bartender and receives their drinks by the time chenle comes back. a smile falls upon his face as the very familiar intro to every breath you take rings through the club—a rather different take to club music.