ten

as the distance between the two increased, jisung felt like he was developing some sort of sixth sense with his best friend

as the distance between the two increased, jisung felt like he was developing some sort of sixth sense with his best friend. he had a dawning feeling that chenle had wandered away from the hotel the same moment he did—the parking lot is visible from their room so once he saw jisung leave he maybe left as well.

his suspicions were deemed correct when he went back to the hotel. the receptionist had informed him that chenle checked out earlier—about the time jisung left.

"i shouldn't have left." he mutters to himself when he gets back in his car, flipping the ignition on. now, he had only two options: to go back home or to look around. chenle couldn't have gone that far, he's on foot, and jisung left only ten minutes ago.

across the street, he notices a small cafe. he remembers chenle told him before their fight that he was craving a coffee and a muffin but jisung has their wallet. it's worth a shot to check, he supposes.

he glances at the flowers in the passenger's seat. it's a bouquet of sunflowers (chenle's favorite) and some accents—much like the ones jisung got him the night they attended a middle school dance for each other. jisung used to think buying flowers for the elder was the stupidest thing, but as he got older he realized chenle loved them. providing chenle with a sense of nostalgia would most likely diminish the tension between then, he thinks.

a wave of relief washes over him when he pulls into the cafe parking lot and notices chenle's thin figure sitting at a table beside the window. a white coffee mug is in his hand, though he's sitting by himself so jisung assumes someone bought it for him.

turning the car off, he tucks his wallet into his pocket and grips the flower bouquet securely. he isn't sure why he's so nervous all of a sudden—maybe it's because of the awkward tension, or because getting his best friend flowers would be a little too obvious of a feelings reveal. even though he used to buy chenle flowers all the time, this was different. this was...more.

it sucks that no matter what chenle said to him, he'll always keep crawling back. because he is just so hopelessly in love, that he doesn't know what else to do.

he steps inside the cafe, welcomed by the warm air, and immediately makes eye contact with the elder. a barista notices his presence as well and welcomes him, to which he responds with a simple bow as he heads to chenle's table. he slides into the empty side of the booth and holds the bouquet out with a small smile.

"are those for me?" chenle's voice is quiet, weak, and one would almost assume he's disappointed. but jisung sees the sparkle in his eyes and the faint smile on his lips to show that he's truly happy to see his best friend again. "i really thought you'd left me here."

"of course i wouldn't leave here. that would be cruel."

jisung passes him the bouquet, watching him sniff them gently and admire them for a few moments. "you had every right to leave. i was being a dick. a massive one, at that. i was wrong to yell at you and say those things, i was just angry. i know that's not an excuse, but—"

"chenle."

"i feel so bad. i just spilled and said things that i didn't mean—"

"chenle!'

the elder stops, looking up from the bouquet and it is in that moment when jisung notices the tears pooling in his chocolate brown eyes. he reaches for chenle's hand and strokes it gently with his thumb. "i made a promise that i'd stay here with you. all i needed was some space, and you needed it too. yeah, some of the things you said were fucked up but i understand that you're going through a lot right now. you were angry, i get it."

"i'm so sorry, jisung." chenle confesses, a tear falling down and jisung fights wiping it with his thumb. "i really don't know what overcame me this morning. i appreciate everything you've done for me, and you didn't deserve it. i think i was just angry about this hole situation, and last night was icing on the cake."

"yeah, i'm sorry you had to take care of my drunk ass. and get beat up." jisung laughs.

chenle laughs along with it, smiling for the first time that day and the younger couldn't be happier. "i didn't mind taking care of you. i think... when you let that guy touch you like that...i'm not sure what overcame me. i think maybe i just got a little possessive."

possessive? jisung nearly chokes on his own spit. he retracts his hand from chenle's and goes to scratch the back of his neck sheepishly. "oh..." quick, think of something. "i won't be getting drunk again anymore, so you don't have to worry about that."

nice recovery, he thinks.

"and...this isn't your fault. at all." chenle continues, "i didn't mean any of it. we're in this together from now on. plus, i couldn't have even gotten this far without you. do you think you can forgive me?"

jisung doesn't even think twice. "of course."

"i want to hug you. can i do that?"

the question makes him do a double take, blood rushing to his cheeks as he struggles for an answer. he and chenle used to hug all the time, but since coming to terms with his own feelings, things are different. he manages to babble out a 'yes,' going to stand up and let chenle welcome him into his arms.

no one in the store seems to mind, which makes this moment all the more perfect. chenle fits well against jisung like he always used to—and he breifly remembers how long it had been since he was able to hug his best friend like that.

as if the moment couldn't get any more perfect, the intro to every breath you take begins to play through the cafe. it's like the moment was planned, but that couldn't be possible. slowly, the duo begin to sway to the beat (like old times) until chenle says something that makes him weak on his knees.

"i really wanted to start a life with you."

"you still can, chenle."

"yeah...i know."