• FOURTEEN •

2015

2015

The quinjet landed on the platform protruding from the Avengers Tower, and Clint was wheeled out quickly by a group of scientists from Korea, claiming they could fix him. She didn't doubt them for a second, though their methods were a bit unorthodox.

"You sure he's going to be okay?" Cassandra asked.
"Pretending to need this guy really brings the team together." Natasha added, with a smile on her face.
"There's no possibility of deterioration. The nano-molecular functionality is instantaneous. His cells don't know they're bonding with simulacrum." The doctor, Helen Cho, said.
"She's creating tissue," Bruce explained excitedly.
"If you brought him to my lab, the regeneration Cradle could do this in twenty minutes." Dr. Cho pressed.

Tony walked in, holding a set of green beverages in his hands.

"Oh, he's flatlining. Call it. Time?" Tony joked.
"No, no, no. I'm going to live forever. I'm gonna be made of plastic."

Tony handed Clint one of the drinks, and gave two to Cassandra, who gave one to Natasha. Cassandra took a small sip of her's, her nose wrinkling at the strange taste. Natasha handed the one in her hand to Cassandra.

"I don't like it."
"Then don't drink it."
"You'll be made of you, Mr. Barton. Your own girlfriend won't be able to tell the difference." Dr. Cho informed.
"Well, I don't have a girlfriend." Clint said, with a short glance at Cassandra and Natasha.
"That I can't fix," the woman turned to Tony. "This is the next thing, Tony. Your clunky metal suits are going to be left in the dust."
"Well, that is exactly the plan. And Helen, I expect to see you at the party on Saturday."
"Unlike you, I don't have a lot of time for parties," she said with sass, and then she hesitated. "Will Thor be there?"

•••••••••••••

Cassandra sat on her bed, staring down at her lap. She rubbed the wet cloth along the silver blade of the dagger, the sterile smelling cleaner running down her hand. Tony required that everybody clean their weapons, he didn't want blood staining the carpet, or people possibly getting sick with some obscure disease. He had robots that could do it, but cleaning her knives always gave her time to think and calm her nerves.

"The itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout," she sang quietly. "Down came the rain and washed the spider out," drying off the dagger, she aimed it at the wall. "Out came the sun and dried up all the rain, and the itsy bitsy spider went up the spout again."

On the last note she flicked her wrist sending the small knife flying into the door, along with the other random knife marks on the door. She stood up, plucking it from the door, crossing the room again to set it in the box she put all her knives in when she wasn't using them.

Cleaning all the others, she threw her last one at the door as it opened. It nearly impaled Steve right between the eyes, but he quickly dodged it, the silver knife spearing the door across the hall. The person, Natasha, in the room across the hall cursed loudly, and Cassandra shouted back,

"Language!"

She stuck her tongue out at Steve who sighed tiredly. Twirling a knife between her fingers, she raised a brow at him, just like Peggy did.

"What brings you here?"
"Cassandra we live in the same place."
"I know but why are presently in my room?"
"I wanted to see if you were alright."
"Perfectly fine, why do you ask?"
"That attack just seemed worse than before."
"It was. But I'm fine."

Her grip tightened around the hilt of the knife, ready to throw it. Whether it be Steve's head, or the lamp beside her, something was going to be hit with a knife. Steve seemed to notice this, setting a hand softly onto her curled fist. She flinched at the contact, kicking him lightly in the shins, which didn't seem to bother him at all.

"You aren't fine."
"Stop."
"Tell me what's wrong."
"No."
"Cassandra."
"No."

Steve sighed, and Cassandra kicked him again, harder this time. He winced, and she glared. Her breath started slowing, which she'd been taught to do before she would fight anybody. Steve didn't know she did this, but Natasha did. She entered the room, noticing Cassandra's figure, and the way her shoulders were slowly rising and falling.

"Steve get out."
"Why?"
"Because I said so, get out."

Steve turned and walked out of the room, closing the door out of habit, not that either of the women minded.

"Cass you're ok."
"No I'm not."
"Yes you are. Steve is gone."

A tear slipped halfway down her face before Cassandra rubbed it off her cheek. Natasha sighed quietly, and looked at the wall, joining Cassandra in her blank stare. The pair sat staring for a while, well it felt like a while, it could've been minute, maybe even two minutes. After Cassandra felt like she could except physical contact again, she put an arm around Natasha's shoulder.

"Thanks Nat."
"No problem Cass."

hello!!
procrastination has kicked my ass these last few days, but it will not happen again!
also, if you guys haven't already, follow Mxrvel_Community for marvel stuff, fanfic reviews, fanfic help, and a whole bunch of other stuff!! and simply because they are amazing and deserve all the love in the world!!
love you guys 3000-

hello!! procrastination has kicked my ass these last few days, but it will not happen again! also, if you guys haven't already, follow Mxrvel_Community for marvel stuff, fanfic reviews, fanfic help, and a whole bunch of other stuff!! and simply be...