Pokemon World Adventures: Chapter 32

2 hours later.

Ash: Man, that felt good

Ash: Man, that felt good. Right buddy?

Pikachu: Pika.

Kurapika: How are you exhausted Ash? All you were doing was telling Pikachu what attacks to use.

Ash: I can see why you would be confused. When me and Pikachu are battling, it's like we've become one.

Gon: Become one?

Leorio: That's impossible. No way can you two fuse together.

Ash: I don't really know how to explain it, it just happens.

Gon: I think I understand it.

Ash + Leorio + Kurapika: You do?!

Gon: It's because of the bond you two share.

Ash: Our bond?

Pikachu: Pika?

Kurapika: It does make sense. I've heard rumors that if two living beings share a very close bond, they can see through each other's eyes and feel their pain too.

Leorio: Come on, that sounds ridiculous.

Ash: But it's true.

Gon + Leorio + Kurapika: Huh?

Ash: It's a long story. The short version is that I used to travel with a Pokemon that I share a very close bond with, almost as strong as the one I have with Pikachu. However, sometimes during a battle, that Pokemon would change form.

 However, sometimes during a battle, that Pokemon would change form

Leorio: Pokemon can do that?!

Ash: Yes. It's normally known as a phenomenon known as Mega Evolution, but this was different. For Mega Evolution to occur, both Trainer and Pokemon need to both share a close bond and be holding a special stone each. This wasn't the case with me and my friend.

Gon: Why didn't you two need stones?

Ash: I still don't really understand it, but I believe it's because Greninja is a special Pokemon.

Kurapika: Greninja? Is that the name of your friend?

Ash: That's right. Whenever Greninja would transform, its appearance would be similar to mine.