"What evidence do you have?"

The smell of blood and rotting filled the room. Lunar and Lucy were the first to find Sayori's remains. Her dark brown eyes seemed paler than usual, and her mouth was slightly open. They just stared at the corpse and hoped that other people would walk in to find it. Hiro walked in after a minute or two. Lunar and Lucy looked at him. They looked like witnesses, there was a  look of horror on their faces. He was planning to tell Sayori that breakfast was about to be made, but now he had to call everyone to Sayori's room. He did so and everyone came in, one by one. Tao stared at the corpse. He knew Sayori for most of his life and now she was... gone. Somebody killed one of his best friends.

"They're picking their victims wisely." Leon sighed, he put his hands on his hips and walked about. Tao looked at him, then back at the body.

"Did anybody check on Sayori?" Leon continued. Everyone looked at Harvey.

"Well... I went into her room and she seemed pretty mad. I told her to come out when she had  calmed down. She didn't come out for the rest of the evening." He said. Leon sighed then placed his hands to his face. He felt really stressed, he should have expected a death to come sooner or later, but it was too soon for his liking. It was only the second day.

"We can expect a death each day at this rate." Zac said. Marley hugged him in fear. Silence filled the room as everybody stared at Sayori's remains. Most of them wondered what she did to deserve this.

"Are you feeling alright Tao?" Hiro asked. Tao looked at him with an expression that didn't say how he was feeling, but whatever he was feeling, it was bad.

"What do you think, Hiro? I've just seen one of my best friends dead and rotting! Is nobody mourning this death like I could be if I had a little bit less self-control? For all I know, the people who murdered her are in this room. Any room could have a gun within it or just any kind of proof that someone here is betraying us. I will not let Sayori die in vain, and I shall lay to that." Tao yelled. Everyone was silent. Tao didn't seem liked he cared for anyone or anything, yet he said all this about a friend. After a minute or two it seemed like Tao lost his self control and started to cry. This automatically set off everyone else in the room. Tao never cried, but when he did, this one time he did, it was almost heartbreaking.

Before anybody could try to comfort him, he went to his and Leon's room and slammed the door behind him. Leon went out into the living room and walked back and forth for a bit.

"I say Leon ought to search for evidence. He's one of the smartest here." Harvey said.

"Do we really need to go snooping in other people's rooms? It's not very polite, is it?" Hiro suggested.

"Searching people's rooms is a way to help gather more evidence rather than just listening other people speaking." Marley spoke up. Everyone agreed and started to do some activities to help with their grieving.

                            *                     *                   *

Why did this have to happen? Why didn't they choose anybody else? They could have picked Harvey or Hiro, but no. They had to choose Sayori. These thoughts were repeated over and over and Tao felt like they would be there forever. It wasn't fair.

"Hey." A low voice spoke. Tao knew the voice. It was the man he had to help the other day. He turned his head and saw Leon. He knew it wasn't the best time to, but he couldn't help but smile when he saw him. He didn't know why.

"Hi." Tao mouthed. Leon sauntered to where Tao was and sat next to him.

"I... I guess what I should say is... I'm sorry for your loss." Leon sighed. Tao laughed a bit. He could tell Leon wasn't great at being kind, but he appreciated his efforts;even though they didn't help much. Tao thanked Leon and Leon smiled as a reply.