"Why won't I wake up?"

It was colder than usual that night. It must have been below 10 degrees Celsius, Lucy had to wear a hoodie and rub her arms to warm herself up. She decided to take a stroll around the school since there was nothing else she could do. It was really dark in the school, Lucy couldn't see much. She even tripped over a couple of items on the ground, picking up anything that would be useful for the group.

She heard a sound. Something like foot steps walking toward the end of the corridor she was in. There was nobody else awake, right? Lucy checked a nearby clock for the time. It was five minutes past midnight. She faced forward to see a tall figure at the end of the hall. It had long hair, tied in a ponytail, and they seemed to be wearing a suit.

"Lucy? Is that you?" It asked. Lucy knew who it was. How did he get in the school though?

"Kyoryu? How did you get in here?" Lucy asked. Kyoryu walked towards her. He was taller than Lucy and definitely more threatening. He had white hair that was normally tied up and he had eyes that looked like they were red. If anything, he was an albino. He looked like he could probably end somebody's life within a minute at most, but this had never been proven, it was just an impression. What was known about him was that he really loved gambling. Lucy's family owned a casino that he, his family and other people visited quite often. He was a professional, which was surprising, not to mention illegal, since he was just 16, but the casino turned a blind eye as he was Lucy's friend. Lucy was also very talented at gambling, and she was 15. She wasn't as talented as one of her best friends, but she just gambled for fun.

As soon as Kyoryu was close enough, Lucy hugged him and kept mumbling that she missed him. He hugged her back and then let go after a couple of seconds.

"I was worried, your parents said you hadn't gone to the casino for a few days. I decided that the school was a good place to look.. So I got in through a window. Don't exactly know where it was, but you should look out for it. You can escape!" He exclaimed.

"Calm down, you're going to wake up other people. I'll try to remember tomorrow, but you ought to leave! People will be suspicious," Lucy murmured. Kyoryu cocked his head slightly and Lucy just said she'd explain once this was over. He nodded and they parted ways.

* * *

Lunar didn't feel well today. It was probably because she didn't get much sleep last night because she was so cold. It was warmer now, so she just popped on a polo shirt, jeans and wrapped a jacket around her waist, just in case. She rubbed her eyes, walked into a wall, and went into the kitchen to make herself some breakfast. Maybe, if she was feeling good after making it for herself, she'd make some for Lucy.

"I see you're up earlier than normal," A low voice said. Lunar looked to her right and saw Leon. Was he normally up first?

"Umm... Yeah. I didn't get much sleep last night. It was cold," She mumbled. She started to make an omelette. She could feel Leon staring at what she was doing, though he never said anything.

"We barely talk now," He said after a minute or two.

"Well, I presume you hate me. You insulted me for half of our friendship in our first year here," Lunar stated. She didn't talk to Leon and hadn't liked him for most of her high school life.

"I never said I hated you. Yeah, I was a bit of a jerk, but I kind of like you. In a friend way, of course. Maybe we can be friends again?" Leon said. Lunar froze. She was about to put her whisked eggs into the pan, but she put the cup down. This boy, who insulted her appearance, personality, talent, love life... liked her? She couldn't believe it. There's no way he meant that, right? While she didn't like him, she didn't exactly dislike him either. Maybe he's had enough time to change?