Cornflower

Hungry eyes examine me.

Porcelain skin reflects against the disco lights.

A full smile intices me as an arm sweeps across the atmosphere, inviting me to come dance with him and get lost in this sea of emotions.

Swim to the surface, bathe in the big, vast ultramarine wonderland and bask in the glory of the moment; my heart's telling me yes, but my mind's saying no. But life's about taking risks, going with the flow of the river and learning from your mistakes.

Maybe tonight's the night that things finally look up, and I'll be able to move on and swim good. Float out of the sorrow that surrounds me in the damp cave I'm currently in. Catch the one who's been on mind, now that he's single. Turn this perpetual hell into a passionate, warm romance.

Move onto better things:

"What are you waiting on?" he asks with a smirk etched across his face, "hell to freeze over?"

He's right. You only get chances like this once in a lifetime.

Holding my breath, I grab his hand and hope for the best but expect the worst.

Once again, I stare into his eyes, getting lost in the ocean before me.

I hope I don't drown.

His cornflower coloured shirt brushes against my topless body as we lock lips and kiss.

Electricity shocks my spine.

Could this be what I've needed all along?

Short Prompt based around the colour blue: 228 words.