Chapter 20: Saturn

Flora's Pov

"Wooow!!" I squealed in excitement at all the books around us "There's so many books!" I started running the place with many people watching me act like an idiot. Lucas grabbed my wrist and dragged me upstairs to where he was going to meet his friends.

"This is a library, Flora" Lucas told me. I nervously laughed and followed him to meet two individuals waiting by a table "Hey everyone, sorry I'm late. I ran into my friend here. The one I was telling you about? You'll never believe what she told me while coming here!" He started telling them my mission to free the coma patients. The girl's eyes was sparkling with amazement while the scary looking Professor nodded at every word Lucas was saying. I was sort of embarrassed from being praised so much.

"You've accomplished so much. It's truly an honor to finally meet you" the man stood up for me "I'm Professor Rowan" I went to shake his hand.

"Hello, I'm-" the girl stood up to take my hand from Rowan and held it instead, still holding sparkles in her eyes.

"You're the girl that did that contest awhile back, right?" She got closer to me "They called you Flower! Your performance was excellent! Truly a piece of art!" I blushed hard "I recognized you from your eyes! A mask can't hide from me!" She laughed and quickly shook my hand "I heard you're also taking care of those pesky villains! You're so cool! I'm Dawn! I'm the professor's assistant just like Lucas!"

"N-Nice to meet you..." her smile was so big and happy, I couldn't help but return it the same way. We all sat down together and Rowan started telling me about his research and all with that scary face of his.

"I didn't expect to meet you today, but since you're here, I'll feel happy if you can join us for this meeting" he told me. I quickly nodded, intrigued of what he'll say "as you know, I study the evolution of Pokémon" he stood up to get his head thinking, I'm guessing "but the more I study, the more mysteries appear and multiply. Pokémon that evolve, and those that don't. What makes them different from each other"

"I'd take that not everyone is the same, much like Pokémon" I said. He nodded.

"Do those that are immature as living beings evolve to one's more mature" he started talking to himself. Lucas and Dawn smiled at me like he does that normally "If so, what do we make of the legendary Pokémon that don't evolve" I held my chin, thinking about Shaymin "Are we to assume that the legendary Pokémon are complete creatures?" He continued talking to himself.

"Does this happen often?" I asked Dawn and Lucas. They shrugged.

"He's always blabbering about something. It's often the same thing" Lucas said. Rowan came back to the table. Dawn dropped her pen and went down to pick it up.

"This is where you three come in. Do you mind helping us, miss?" Rowan asked me.

"My name is Flora" I told him. Dawn sat back up and put her pen down "I'm happy to help, but I can't promise anything, since..."

"Of course. I'm sure you're schedule is quite busy, so I'll be brief. In the three lakes of Sinnoh, there are said to be mirage Pokémon" oh! I think I know what he's talking about "If we obtain data from them, it may shed some light on how the process of Pokémon evolution works"

"That's asking a lot, Professor..." Lucas said.

"I just need help from each of you on this grand undertaking. Help me find anything that is considered to be mirages" does Mesprit count as a mirage at first? Should I even mention it? "Who knows, you may actually see the mirage with your own eyes. It'll may be important for you in becoming a better trainer"

"I'll do it!" Dawn cheered while Lucas nodded. Rowan looked at me. If this has to do with the Pokémon of the lake, it may be able to help me find some clues on some confusing stuff I've been experiencing.